Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [MERGED]Can someone tell me the status of my UBR?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[MERGED]Can someone tell me the status of my UBR?

Old 13-12-2008, 23:50   #1
tvout
Inactive

Services: VM L Broadband (10MB) XL TV V+ HD Box Off peak caller phone HTC Wildfire on T-Mobile UK Freeview
tvout will become famous soon enoughtvout will become famous soon enoughtvout will become famous soon enough
[MERGED]Can someone tell me the status of my UBR?

Please...

It's cable.ubr09.dudl.blueyonder.co.uk

Last time I spoke to tech support they told me I was on a port which was a greater number than the number there should have been on that UBR and they weren't sure how that could work... they did say it was very oversubscribed and I do notice speeds dropping from the 10MB they should be in daytime to about 2mb in the evenings...
tvout is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-12-2008, 00:04   #2
broadbandking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
Re: Can someone tell me the status of my UBR?

Dudley is a **** part of the VM network however the ubr you are on is 50Mb enabled and is running the 50Mb now however dudley is really bad, you prob have to wait until you are put onto the DOCSIS 3.0 of the network, as there was work in dudley but that has come and gone.
Old 14-12-2008, 00:12   #3
tvout
Inactive

Services: VM L Broadband (10MB) XL TV V+ HD Box Off peak caller phone HTC Wildfire on T-Mobile UK Freeview
tvout will become famous soon enoughtvout will become famous soon enoughtvout will become famous soon enough

Cheers broadbandking. How would I get the 50mb? Isn't it still just on trial or have I totally been out of touch on the whole 50mb thing?
Old 14-12-2008, 00:52   #4
Stabhappy
Inactive

Services: XXL BB + M Phone
Stabhappy is just really niceStabhappy is just really niceStabhappy is just really niceStabhappy is just really niceStabhappy is just really niceStabhappy is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Stabhappy

it's up for release on the 15th if news is anything to go by.
Stabhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2008, 00:54   #5
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

it is supposedly being launched on Monday but it will only be in certain areas. Hopefully they are going to unveil a rollout plan so at least you know when you are due to be switched over. You don't have to get 50mbit if you don't want to, although it will definitely help in the short term. Eventually they are going to migrate the 20mbit users over to docsis 3 as well so you will get your speed, guaranteed, but it isnt going to be until they have finished rolling out 50mbit so you are looking around July next year.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2008, 02:13   #6
tvout
Inactive

I might look into that then, I'm on 10MB at the mo. I'd be intrigued to know what 50MB would be like but if the UBR is badly oversubscribed as suspected I'd probably still get 2mbps in the evening even on 50...
Old 14-12-2008, 02:18   #7
Stabhappy
Inactive

Services: XXL BB + M Phone
Stabhappy is just really niceStabhappy is just really niceStabhappy is just really niceStabhappy is just really niceStabhappy is just really niceStabhappy is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Stabhappy

The UBR has been upgraded for Docsis 3 which means there should be MUCH more bandwidth to spare.
Stabhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2008, 03:31   #8
Gopher
Inactive

Services: Tv XL Telephone XL BB XXL
Gopher is an unknown quantity at this point
And the Status of this UBR please

cpc3-barn5-0-0-cust***.brnt.cable.ntl.com

Have been told that it is due for Upgrade on December 23rd 2008 I Hope I am fed up with almost down to Dial Up speeds on Occasion in the evenings 85.36 kbps Not bad for what should be 20Mb
Gopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2008, 07:36   #9
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star
Re: And the Status of this UBR please

you should remove your customer number.
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2008, 09:19   #10
broadbandbug
Inactive

broadbandbug has a spectacular aura about thembroadbandbug has a spectacular aura about thembroadbandbug has a spectacular aura about thembroadbandbug has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopher View Post
cpc3-barn5-0-0-cust***.brnt.cable.ntl.com

Have been told that it is due for Upgrade on December 23rd 2008 I Hope I am fed up with almost down to Dial Up speeds on Occasion in the evenings 85.36 kbps Not bad for what should be 20Mb
You won't get an upgrade on 23rd December.. VM Change Freeze starts 18th December.. So nothing will be upgraded between then and 5th Jan.
broadbandbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2008, 09:21   #11
broadbandbug
Inactive

broadbandbug has a spectacular aura about thembroadbandbug has a spectacular aura about thembroadbandbug has a spectacular aura about thembroadbandbug has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvout View Post
Cheers broadbandking. How would I get the 50mb? Isn't it still just on trial or have I totally been out of touch on the whole 50mb thing?
They will start moving some of the 20Mb/s customers onto the new platform in Jan 09.. So your 10Mb/s Service will start to improve greatly after Christmas.
If you want 50Mb/s you will be able to start signing up from Monday 15th.. Dudley will be the first area to go live.
broadbandbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2008, 09:56   #12
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I don't know the ins and outs but from what i understand the whole point of putting the 50bit dudes on docsis is because it is impossible to oversubscribe it.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2008, 10:24   #13
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Even better news. The upgrade is planned for tomorrow
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2008, 10:28   #14
broadbandking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array

It can be overloaded just not as easy as DOCSIS 1.0
Old 14-12-2008, 10:38   #15
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Can members please only use this thread if they're enquiring about their UBR status..

Also please do not post your IP or customer number as it is a security risk

THREADS MERGED
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote