Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Orange Dolphin plan- free GPRS?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Telco Services Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Orange Dolphin plan- free GPRS?

Old 12-12-2008, 22:30   #1
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads
Orange Dolphin plan- free GPRS?

I'm on Orange pay as you go on the Dolphin plan, I know access to Facebook,Bebo and Myspace are free, but what about other sites? I have been heavily using GPRS for other sites too and I havent been charged a penny! Also there is a daily cap on the free access to facebook,bebo and myspace, although that never seems to kick in, is this how its supposed to be now, have they altered the terms and pricing?
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-12-2008, 22:34   #2
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Orange Dolphin plan- free GPRS?

As per the website
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2008, 23:53   #3
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

Thanks, but everything is still free even You Tube streaming! Although you need to be in 3G range to use that.
Old 14-12-2008, 01:06   #4
Pia
Inactive

Services: XL Phone XL BB V+ XL TV
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Pia

I don't see how they can limit the free access to facebook only. The limit probably includes all sites, they must have had some sort of deal with FB to get people on that.
Pia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2008, 20:27   #5
m419
Inactive

Well to be honest I think Orange is pretty lousey these days in comparison to how it was before, I mean when I last used them, they didnt use foreign call centres,the reception was better, the pricing was simplified and the website was not like a maze!

The Orange website is never ending and the content is just muddled up, I think it should be more like the Virgin Media and Virgin Mobile websites, they have a News section,a section which shows all the products and services like a showroom, a section for existing customers and technical support site.

The Orange website has been thrown together with Freeserve/Wanadoo and everything is just all over the place!

It would help if they did this:

Create 2 seperate websites:

www.orangehome.co.uk
www.orange-wirefree.co.uk

The Orange home site should contain the following:

News and Entertainment section
Orange Home showroom
Orange Home Existing customers section
Home Accessories
Contact us
Technical support

Orange Wirefree:

News and Entertainment
Orange Wirefree showroom
Orange Wirefree existing customers section
Wirefree accessories
contact us
technical support

Orange Home is the division of Orange Homebroadband,Orange Homephone,Orange Wireless and Talk and Orange-At-Home-Accessories

Orange Wirefree is the division of Orange Pay As You Go Mobiles,Orange Pay Monthly Mobiles,Orange Mobile Broadband and Orange Mobile 3G services as well as Orange Mobile accessories.

A seperate website should be created for the new product 'Orange Unique' which is similar to BT Fusion, it works as a homephone indoors and turns into a 3G Mobile outdoors, so you just have one phone for all your needs!

It would be much more organised this way and customers and potential customers would be able to find the right content much more easily!
Old 19-12-2008, 15:20   #6
ruddock08
cf.addict

Services: VIVID 200 Broadband + BT Whole Home WiFi
ruddock08 is on a distinguished roadruddock08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to ruddock08

i was on orange dolphin payg and had excatly the same. they didnt charge me a penny for the internet!
ruddock08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2009, 15:31   #7
etccarmageddon
Inactive

etccarmageddon has a nice shiny star
etccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny star

up until a week ago I was on Orange free text pay as you go plan with gives you free evening internet.

I then got a text from Orange saying they were moving me to Dolphin - I rang the call centre (Indian) to complain about losing my free evening internet and after a hour of talking to about 3 people they came back to me and said that even though Dolphin is advertised as free access to social networking sites it is actually free internet access to everything. I move to this plan early next month so I'll be angry if it turns out the call centre staff lied to me.
etccarmageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2009, 17:18   #8
m419
Inactive

No they are right its free internet 24/7 on everything not just social networking sites.

Most of the pay monthly tariffs have it as well,Ive noticed that orange pay monthly have no indian call centres too!
Old 13-06-2009, 20:06   #9
kaoz739
Inactive

kaoz739 is an unknown quantity at this point

The internet is free, but its due to the "Fair usage policy", that is 50MB. Basically only if u stream music/video that will affect You, or download large files - usually anyway. Orange fails at things like that badly.
kaoz739 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2009, 01:44   #10
m419
Inactive

I took the biscuit when i was on that, i was on you tube all day and facebook and went over the limit,they never charged a penny.

But overall the service and pricing of services:

one word:

CRAP!
Old 14-06-2009, 13:15   #11
kaoz739
Inactive

kaoz739 is an unknown quantity at this point

They charged me like 11 quid - all of ma credit.
Then they said that it's ma fault, but they gave me 15p, 30 free texts and then 60 free minutes to landlines&mobile phones as a gift. But Yeah, My free internet's gone

Did you use GPRS or 3G?
I used 3G (N)
kaoz739 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 12:10   #12
bmc
Inactive

bmc is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just got a new number with orange, on th 22nd of september, i was set up with dolphin pay plan wich was free txts free facebook and my space access, now it is charging me to go on facebook, so i called up and was told that you only get 15mg of free internet, were as on my last phone i got unlimited... Does any1 else have this problem.
bmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2010, 13:14   #13
xero01uk
Inactive

Services: TV: XL Broadband XL
xero01uk is on a distinguished roadxero01uk is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to xero01uk

Sorry to bump an old thread, but ive seen adverts on TV about this, i used the so called free internet but my credit still went after a few days

All i use is the Facebook Windows Mobile App and a twitter app, with a rare run of google maps

is internet on paug on dolphin totall free or just on certain websites?
xero01uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2010, 14:05   #14
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Well all my available price plans under PAYG

Camel
Canary
Monkey
Dolphin
Racoon

maximum daily charge for mobile internet browsing£2†

†Subject to a 25MB per day cap

---------- Post added at 14:05 ---------- Previous post was at 13:47 ----------

Idiot just seen the top part of dolphin price plan.

£10 a month gives you 100MB free internet.

So changed to Dolphin.
Old 26-04-2010, 18:23   #15
Matth
Inactive

Services: BB:M, TV:XL, Phone:M, Loyalty
Matth has reached the bronze age
Matth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze age

Hard to figure though, you'd need a flippin' enormous spreadsheet to work out who youd be best off with.

Orange Dolphin gives you 100MB for your £10 topup, and they say £10 worth of free internet, so does that mean it's 10p/MB after that? - cannot find it on their site.

3 give 150MB with topup (not sure if the online only £5 also gets it), but the run-on rate of 30p/MB is poor compared to Virgin's 30p/day used/ 25MB - the stinker with VM's rate is that a tiny bit of unwanted app traffic per day could see you paying 30p EVERY day, so maybe tariffs with a bit of bundle/freebie allowance are a better idea.
Matth is offline   Reply With Quote