Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Nobody at Sales wants to help

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Nobody at Sales wants to help

Old 08-12-2008, 17:14   #1
ze0n
Inactive

Services: Virgin 4MB Broadband (ntl:250 modem) & Sky+ TV & TalkTalk Talk3 Phone & 4 Virgin PAYG Phones
ze0n is on a distinguished roadze0n is on a distinguished road
Nobody at Sales wants to help

Hey,

I have posted about this before but here we go.

Every house on my street but mine can get cable. And the fronts are almost identical. Either side of me can get it, and next doors brown box is clearly visible on their wall.

Now I've called sales but they say basically 'computer says nooooo' when I give them my address. And I ask them to put me to installs or send someone out to look etc they go 'nothing we can do'.

I am just confused as to why every house including either side can get it but me. Anyone out there that works for VM help please? I'm in Oldham.

Thanks
ze0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-12-2008, 17:28   #2
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Nobody at Sales wants to help

Try again you might get a different person willing to help.
Old 08-12-2008, 17:37   #3
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

Have you asked for the spotters line?

If the computer says no, then someone has to physically check.

If a spotter has been and said no then that will be that.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 18:15   #4
ze0n
Inactive

Services: Virgin 4MB Broadband (ntl:250 modem) & Sky+ TV & TalkTalk Talk3 Phone & 4 Virgin PAYG Phones

I've asked to be put through to nearly every department, they never do :S. Anyone got a direct number for spotters?
Old 08-12-2008, 22:49   #5
jungleguy
Inactive

Services: phone TV & BB
jungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of light

no direct number for spotters, you could fill out the online form, or ring sales and get them to take your details again, I understand that sales now get a commission for passing your details onto a spotter, so they'll probably more helpful than in the past.
jungleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 12:46   #6
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Here's the form

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/form...ableLeads.html
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2008, 10:23   #7
neilo
cf.addict

Services: V6, 350mb Broadband, Phone
neilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to all

Continuing my 'In the Twilight Zone with Virgin Media' items, I would just like to add that I know how you feel. In Feb 2006, there was some men digging up the path at the side of my house and I asked them what they were doing and they said they were putting cable in. Cool, I thought. It then took over two years for VM to accept that there was a cable there, they kept saying we couldn't get cable. We'll send out a spotter etc, but that never happened. They just kept ignoring me.

So In the end we grabbed a VM salesman who lived in the next road and what do you know - cable TV was installed in two weeks flat.

The thing is if you look on their postcode checker, it says we can only get National services in our postcode yet my two neighbours can get it it as can various other peeps in the street.

VM are round the twist really, you think they would be jumping over people who say they can get cable and they would at least keep their postcode checker upto date in case anyone moves in to the street knows they are available.

My advice, next time you see a VM sales man anywhere, ask him. Walk out in front of his car if necessary. Actually you probably shouldn't do that, but that be the only way you'll get their attention.
neilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 21:15   #8
ze0n
Inactive

OK update on the situation

After filling that form in someone called me up saying I should be able to get it and he'd come round to have a look.

Came round, had a look, said I should be able to get it. He said the plans are wrong as it says there is no cable on my side of the street but their obviously is. He said it was something to do with there being no pavement. Anyway, he said he'd update the database, get me signed up and waiting for and install date. Unfortunately, It will be after xmas.

Thanks guys. Let 'ya know how it goes.
Old 29-12-2008, 15:09   #9
ze0n
Inactive

OK update :@

Two 'engineers' well, they weren't installers, I dunno what they were actually, came last week to quote "sort the underground cabling out" for the install I had booked after new year. They were here 10mins and just left so I thought oh must be done then.

I had a phone call today from Virgin saying they cannot get me cable now (after getting me to sign taking my ****ing deposit etc) as there is a blockage in the road () and it is not financially viable for them to sort that out and cable me up as I only want TV, and if I got BB, TV and phone they would then do it, ().

So

No 9 - GETS CABLE
No 7 - NO CABLE
No 5 - GETS CABLE

Strange company. Oh well.
Old 29-12-2008, 15:23   #10
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by ze0n View Post
OK update :@

Two 'engineers' well, they weren't installers, I dunno what they were actually, came last week to quote "sort the underground cabling out" for the install I had booked after new year. They were here 10mins and just left so I thought oh must be done then.

I had a phone call today from Virgin saying they cannot get me cable now (after getting me to sign taking my ****ing deposit etc) as there is a blockage in the road () and it is not financially viable for them to sort that out and cable me up as I only want TV, and if I got BB, TV and phone they would then do it, ().

So

No 9 - GETS CABLE
No 7 - NO CABLE
No 5 - GETS CABLE

Strange company. Oh well.
Seems a bit odd and a sort of blackmail to me...
Old 29-12-2008, 15:29   #11
ze0n
Inactive

It was the Area Manager that called me today.
Old 29-12-2008, 16:25   #12
etccarmageddon
Inactive

etccarmageddon has a nice shiny star
etccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny star

if someone takes a deposit from you it's a contract - I think they're probably acting illegally then saying you are unviable unless you take out more than 1 service because of that deposit. otherwise it would be a 1 sided deposit where you risk it and they risk nothing.
etccarmageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2008, 17:20   #13
jungleguy
Inactive

Services: phone TV & BB
jungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of light

I think you'll find no deposit was taken, just an upfront to contribute to the first bill when installed. Obviously no instal so you are eligible for a full refund.

If you take all 3 services the company is prepared to spend more money (ie dig up more road) to get you installed. If this is a carriage way dig, I think you'll be wasting your time. They very rarely go ahead, and generally only for existing customers.
jungleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2008, 12:53   #14
ze0n
Inactive

Yeah, 'twas a carriageway dig. But its a very small 1 way cul-de-sac and theyd have to dig like 2meters if that.

Oh and I got a welcome pack through the post today, haha.
Old 31-12-2008, 17:35   #15
The Installer
cf.addict

Services: Telewest Stuff
The Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to all

As posted above, if it involves digging the road then you'll just be onto a looser. They will only normally dig the footpath regardless of what type of street you live in.
The Installer is offline   Reply With Quote