Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Can I throw these out?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Can I throw these out?

Old 08-12-2008, 08:28   #1
Milambar
Inactive

Milambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond repute
Can I throw these out?

When the technician recently installed a phoneline and tv box, he left some items behind. Do I need to store them in case VM ever want them back, or can I throw them out?

The items are:
VOCOM TV / FM isolator
2x Forward Path Attenuator 10dB
Length of white cable (no ends crimped onto it)

I know I'm probably safe throwing them out, but I just want to make sure, last thing I need is a bill for the components.
Milambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-12-2008, 09:53   #2
Horace
©Beam Software

Services: BB (200mbit), 1x V6, iPad, iPhone
Horace has disabled reputation
Re: Can I throw these out?

I'd keep the isolator and attenuators since they may come in useful if you have problems in future.
Horace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:26   #3
sparky621
cf.addict

Services: VM B'band "M 200" TV "Full House" Tel: "Talk More Anytime"
sparky621 is on a distinguished roadsparky621 is on a distinguished road

Unless you are able to make your own ends off the cable is of no use to you.
As Horace says keep hold of the other bits, especially the attenuators, as they may come in handy in future. The techs seem to throw these around like confetti so your not going to be charged for them.
sparky621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 22:31   #4
thamesvalley
Inactive

thamesvalley is a glorious beacon of lightthamesvalley is a glorious beacon of lightthamesvalley is a glorious beacon of lightthamesvalley is a glorious beacon of lightthamesvalley is a glorious beacon of lightthamesvalley is a glorious beacon of lightthamesvalley is a glorious beacon of light

Throw them all out, if they were good for anything, the installer would have taken them himself! ;-)
NB if it was the original isolator and the installer has put a new one in for you, definately throw the old one out, it either faulty or non-standard now and could cause you problems if you try o use it.
I also wouldnt reccommend using the attenuators as you will not have an accuarate means of measuring the signal strength - if you have a genuine fault at any stage, call VM and get them to send a tech rather than messing about with the bits and peices yourself.
thamesvalley is offline   Reply With Quote