Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Orange 3G reception

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Telco Services Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Orange 3G reception

Old 02-12-2008, 13:54   #1
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads
Orange 3G reception

Orange 3G reception is poor!

Never able to get a signal and im in Central London,anyone else experience this?
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2008, 18:21   #2
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Orange 3G reception

I cannot get a strong signal in my home 3G or other on Orange.

My T-mobile had full bars across the board.

I'm in CM20.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:38   #3
Central

Services: Sky + HD family pack 50mb XXL Phone M Sutton Coldfield TX
Central is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of society

Every now and again I notice 3G becomes available on my Orange phone for about 5 seconds and then buggers off again.
Central is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:46   #4
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central View Post
Every now and again I notice 3G becomes available on my Orange phone for about 5 seconds and then buggers off again.
It's probably your phone hopping between strongest signal transmitters and your local, strongest one maybe doesn't support 3G yet
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:56   #5
southwell
Inactive

Services: Sky HD Virgin Phone + 50mb
southwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation era

If it's just a signal problem and you don't actually need 3g then you can turn it off on your phone so it goes back to 2g. When a mast went down near my house i did this and got my signal back until the mast was repaired.
southwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 10:44   #6
Central

Central is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of society

How do I turn it off. I have the Samsung F480
Old 03-12-2008, 11:43   #7
southwell
Inactive

Services: Sky HD Virgin Phone + 50mb
southwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation era

Google is your friend

Goto Settings -> Network settings -> Network Mode, change from Automatic to GSM 900/1800
southwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 15:27   #8
Central

Thank you very much
Old 03-12-2008, 18:10   #9
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

Thing is, I need 3G to use video calling and download content such as music!

Otherwise looks like I might need to unlock my phone and switch to Hutchison 3G(3 mobile) that gives good 3G reception.
Old 16-12-2008, 16:27   #10
nutellajunkie
Inactive

nutellajunkie will become famous soon enoughnutellajunkie will become famous soon enoughnutellajunkie will become famous soon enough

orange are funny blighters. I have to set my phones up to manually select the 3G network
nutellajunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 20:31   #11
m419
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwell View Post
Google is your friend

Goto Settings -> Network settings -> Network Mode, change from Automatic to GSM 900/1800
3G and 3G+ reception is also known as UTMS
2G and 2.5G is also known as GSM
1G was basic Analogue mobiles I think and they are long gone!
Old 16-12-2008, 20:52   #12
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array

Oldham OL4 area, T-mobile gets 1 bar max, O2 is sporadic, Voda works on 2 bars 2g only, 3 gets nothing, Orange gets HSDPA without problems.
Lord Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2008, 17:01   #13
m419
Inactive

HSDPA, whats that? If you have 3, then switch on GSM(2G) instead and it will use Orange's reception.
Old 17-12-2008, 17:20   #14
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array

HSDPA = 3.5G or about 2mbit / second downloading via mobile. (High Speed Data Packet Access)
Lord Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2008, 19:06   #15
m419
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Nikon View Post
HSDPA = 3.5G or about 2mbit / second downloading via mobile. (High Speed Data Packet Access)
Oh now I understand lol Orange call this 3G plus