Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Electric pre-shave or shaving balm

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Electric pre-shave or shaving balm

Old 12-10-2008, 19:25   #1
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star
Electric pre-shave or shaving balm

I brought one of these....
http://www.shop.philips.co.uk/katalo...shaving_system

A few weeks ago and it came with a 28ml Nivea shaving conditioner which you pump into the shaver and the shaver uses this as a shaving lubricant.
I shave virtually every day and this doesn't last to long and I'm not wanting to pay £7 a pop for a 75ml replacement.

What I'm after is a conditioning balm that I can use as a replacement for the Nivea one. (cause I'm a tight git)
Any recommendations would be great.

Oh and the shaver is excellent on a par with my wet shave Mach III blades.
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-10-2008, 19:34   #2
Acathla
cf.mega poster

Acathla has reached the bronze age
Acathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze age
Re: Electric pre-shave or shaving balm

I use this shaver and absolutely love it!

My problem is I don't know where to get the replacement Nivea bottles as both my local supermarket (Tesco) and Boots seem to have stopped selling it

I shall subscribe and watch with interest...
Acathla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 19:54   #3
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Use this stuff and I promise your life will change forever. You can use it for a wet or dry shave and the stuff is nothing short of magical.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 20:03   #4
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

liquid soap -49 pence from lidl- leaves me as soft as a babies btm -thats wet shave by the way ,electric shavers rip my face apart.
Old 12-10-2008, 20:15   #5
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
liquid soap -49 pence from lidl- leaves me as soft as a babies btm -thats wet shave by the way ,electric shavers rip my face apart.
Another vote for wet shave here. I had one of the nivea pump jobs and even with the conditioner my face looked like wasps had been chewing on it !!

Now I use one of these

and with the rose shaving soap I dont get skin irritation anymore !
Old 13-10-2008, 09:33   #6
Nidge

Services: Virgin, phone and 50meg Broadband.

I use one of these for my head, it does a good job of the old cannister. It's called a head blade

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
Old 13-10-2008, 11:27   #7
slowcoach
Inactive

Services: VM Phone 152 Meg.
slowcoach has reached the bronze age
slowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze age

NETTO have 10pk twin blade disposable razors for 27p, better than BIC and a lot cheaper, god bless the Chinese.
slowcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2008, 11:46   #8
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Immac??? Sorry Veet as it's now called :p

Or you could just wax
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2008, 12:59   #9
tweetypie/8
Permanently Banned

Services: vmxl virgin vmbb virgin mobile
tweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by alferret View Post
I brought one of these....
http://www.shop.philips.co.uk/katalo...shaving_system

A few weeks ago and it came with a 28ml Nivea shaving conditioner which you pump into the shaver and the shaver uses this as a shaving lubricant.
I shave virtually every day and this doesn't last to long and I'm not wanting to pay £7 a pop for a 75ml replacement.

What I'm after is a conditioning balm that I can use as a replacement for the Nivea one. (cause I'm a tight git)
Any recommendations would be great.

Oh and the shaver is excellent on a par with my wet shave Mach III blades.
i prefer the desperate dan way,A BLOWLAMP.
tweetypie/8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:41   #10
hirondelles
Inactive

hirondelles is an unknown quantity at this point

God knows what this is doing on a cable forum but you're in luck - I had the same problem, couldn't find the stuff anywhere. My wife suggested putting baby oil on my face before shaving - problem solved! Works great and is as cheap as chips - I won't be bothering looking for the Nivea stuff anymore - just a licence to print money.
hirondelles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:44   #11
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
Immac??? Sorry Veet as it's now called :p

Or you could just wax
Evil woman...
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:59   #12
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Forget shaving foams, gels and other gadgets, if you wet-shave then this is all you ever need. Sure it's expensive but my neice bought me some for Christmas and it's simply magical, best shave I've ever had no matter which razor I use.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 14:08   #13
soup dragon
Inactive

Services: XL BB, XL TV, V+
soup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of society

best shave i have ever had was in a turkish barbers on holiday 2 years ago. bloomin great it was, involved foam, massage, fire and cut throat razor!!! didnt need a shave for 3 days afterwards!
soup dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 15:36   #14
smeagoly1
Inactive

Services: Bugger all now apart from 8meg ADSL and only 2 meg at best!!!! I want my 20meg cable back!
smeagoly1 is just really nicesmeagoly1 is just really nicesmeagoly1 is just really nicesmeagoly1 is just really nicesmeagoly1 is just really nicesmeagoly1 is just really nice

wet shave all the way here, lecie shavers are like putting a chainsaw to my face and neck, for a substantialy worse shave to boot.
Best blades i have come across are the Fusion ones, ASDA or Morrisons seem to have them on special at various times, so i stock up. And those blades last yonks.
No burn, cuts or rash ever with them. As for balm i use a jumbo bottle from Body Shop lasts yonks also.
smeagoly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 19:21   #15
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup dragon View Post
...involved fire...

FIRE???? How the hell???