Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin 50Mb Boltband

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin 50Mb Boltband

Old 22-08-2008, 21:34   #1
whydoIneedatech

Services: VIRGIN MEDIA , 20 Mb BB, V+ Box, XL Phone and 2 Virgin Mobiles
Virgin 50Mb Boltband

Virgin are considering calling their 50Mb Broadband Boltband after the world's fastest man, double gold medal-winning Jamaican Olympic sensation Usain Bolt

Check link.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008...ia.virginmedia
Advertisement
Old 22-08-2008, 22:11   #2
SteevieNiteHeat
Permanently Banned

SteevieNiteHeat is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin 50Mb Boltband

Quote:
Originally Posted by whydoIneedatech View Post
Virgin are considering calling their 50Mb Broadband Boltband after the world's fastest man, double gold medal-winning Jamaican Olympic sensation Usain Bolt

Check link.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008...ia.virginmedia
Oh My God, whatever will they find to waste money on next?
And I thought that they (virgin) was multi-billions in debt, yet they can always afford to waste money on advertising!
SteevieNiteHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2008, 22:33   #3
synner
cf.addict

Services: Full House TV, V6, 100Mb B/Band, Freeview, FreeSat, XboX One S
synner is on a distinguished roadsynner is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteevieNiteHeat View Post
And I thought that they (virgin) was multi-billions in debt, yet they can always afford to waste money on advertising!
I don't mind them spending on advertising as long as:

1) They spend some of the profits from new connections on the network
2) They don't do it in such an embarrassingly cheesy way

Bri
synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2008, 22:41   #4
SteevieNiteHeat
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by synner View Post
I don't mind them spending on advertising as long as:

1) They spend some of the profits from new connections on the network
2) They don't do it in such an embarrassingly cheesy way

Bri
Haha this will never happen!
Old 22-08-2008, 22:58   #5
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
So how are they then to tell everyone about there 50 meg service if you don't want them to advertise it
????????

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2008, 23:02   #6
SteevieNiteHeat
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
So how are they then to tell everyone about there 50 meg service if you don't want them to advertise it
????????
Seriously, there is advertising, then there is taking the complete micky mouse!

They could have saved £20m by NOT using that blonde bint Uma Thurman to head the new virgin media brand, and probably save an extra £40M at least with Samuel L Jackson and Ruby Wax.
I am all for advertising, but NOT by paying these famous people and having to pay such large amounts!
Old 22-08-2008, 23:14   #7
BloodyL
Inactive

Services: 50Mb
BloodyL will become famous soon enoughBloodyL will become famous soon enoughBloodyL will become famous soon enough

Samuel L Jackson - Oh Yes, I'm tired of these Mofo bottlenecks on this mofo plane.
Uma Thurman - With a better light engineer yes, with the current awful light rigger? hell no, Uma looked like she'd been toking far to many joints the night before.
Ruby Wax....No, just...No. *shudders*
BloodyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2008, 23:33   #8
SteevieNiteHeat
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyL View Post
Samuel L Jackson - Oh Yes, I'm tired of these Mofo bottlenecks on this mofo plane.
Uma Thurman - With a better light engineer yes, with the current awful light rigger? hell no, Uma looked like she'd been toking far to many joints the night before.
Ruby Wax....No, just...No. *shudders*
That post just put a huge big smile on my face
Old 22-08-2008, 23:36   #9
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze

Quote:
Seriously, there is advertising, then there is taking the complete micky mouse!

They could have saved £20m by NOT using that blonde bint Uma Thurman to head the new virgin media brand, and probably save an extra £40M at least with Samuel L Jackson and Ruby Wax.
I am all for advertising, but NOT by paying these famous people and having to pay such large amounts!
Well said Steevie, of course nobody is saying don't advertise to VM, but a company that is in as much debt as Virgin should be a bit more careful than splashing out tens of millions of pounds on celebrity advertising campaigns.

The sort of person who would be interested in taking out a 50mb connection, would I doubt very much indeed be swayed either way by the appearance of an athlete advertising it, you want the facts of the service, not some "pee and wind" about a runner. You either want it or you don't.
frogstamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2008, 23:56   #10
chickendippers
Inactive

Services: On-cable: TV-L, BB-L, Phone-M. Off-cable: Sky+ HD, Plusnet Unlimited.
chickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to chickendippers

The exposure on the Guardian's website...which cost nothing...is in itself a very effective marketing ploy.

P.S. I really liked the Samuel L Jackson adverts; much better than any campaign ntl or Telewest have run in the past.
chickendippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2008, 23:57   #11
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

This from another forum:

Quote:
he's lucky he wasn't approached before the olympics to demonstrate Virgin broadband.... he would have been STM'd at 60 metres for using his legs too much and as such would have had to sacrifice one
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2008, 00:47   #12
SteevieNiteHeat
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadbandings View Post
snip
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

The advert they SHOULD make is Usain Bolt running fast for a quarter of the way, then he morphs into an OAP bearly managing to walk yet alone run!

This at least would be TRUE advertising
Old 23-08-2008, 01:01   #13
CrowmanUK
Inactive

CrowmanUK has a spectacular aura about themCrowmanUK has a spectacular aura about themCrowmanUK has a spectacular aura about themCrowmanUK has a spectacular aura about them

beat me to it stevie, I was gonna post something similar, bet the other isp's could use something just like that to show what its like without stm, the BE "tortoise" running at up to 24meg without stm slowly moving past "the bolt" and hitting the finish line first.
CrowmanUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2008, 01:12   #14
Welshchris
Permanently Banned

Services: 50mb Cable, L TV and Phone XL.
Welshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful one

I still think they should be spending the money on current network problems instead of doing silly upgrades which are unneccasary yet which will just cause more problems for the network.
Welshchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2008, 08:59   #15
Downloads
Inactive

Downloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation era
Send a message via ICQ to Downloads Send a message via MSN to Downloads

This is exactly why I stopped coming to these forums, the posters on here whine like little girls with so much negativity. People always moaned before, but generally it use to be about their own issues, it ramped up big time when the Virgin/Sky dispute started and never stopped. First time I came back in ages and it looks like I made the right decision to go to talk about TV/Internet stuff elsewhere.
Downloads is offline   Reply With Quote