Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin and Googlemail

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin and Googlemail

Old 19-08-2008, 00:22   #1
Welshchris
Permanently Banned

Services: 50mb Cable, L TV and Phone XL.
Welshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful one
Virgin and Googlemail

Is anyone else on Virgin having issues accessing Googlemail via Pop?

I cant even download emails on my bros laptop through my connection.
Welshchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-08-2008, 00:36   #2
sstainer
Inactive

Services: VIP package
sstainer is just really nicesstainer is just really nicesstainer is just really nicesstainer is just really nicesstainer is just really nicesstainer is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to sstainer
Re: Virgin and Googlemail

nope all working fine
checked the settings are all correct in outlook?
sstainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 01:24   #3
Welshchris
Permanently Banned

Welshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful one

yes and it gives me errors on both my bros laptop and my pc...

Starts to download emails, downloads a few and then i get this error...

Task (Email address) - recieving reported error (0x800CCC0F):
The Connection to ther server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact ur server administrator or internet service provider (ISP). The Server responded: -EER [SYS/TEMP] this fake empty mailbox has no messages. b36pf332935ika.8

i know theres emails on there cos i can log in and view them theres 42 of them.
Old 19-08-2008, 01:28   #4
Joxer
Inactive

Services: 20Mb BB, phone
Joxer is just really niceJoxer is just really niceJoxer is just really niceJoxer is just really niceJoxer is just really niceJoxer is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Joxer

Antivirus? Quite a common issue. Similar symptoms.
Joxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 01:34   #5
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

Have you enabled pop in your gmail settings?

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 01:40   #6
Welshchris
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxer View Post
Antivirus? Quite a common issue. Similar symptoms.
I use Panda on my PC, and brother uses Avast so different Antiviruses...

---------- Post added at 01:37 ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
Have you enabled pop in your gmail settings?
Yes it is

---------- Post added at 01:40 ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 ----------

I just went next door to one of the students with my bros laptop and asked if i could try it on their connection they r will Tiscalli.

The Emails downloaded perfect no errors.

I asked him to email me through a few emails from his tiscalli to my gmail so i can download on my connection for a test.

He sent me 5 emails all had a 24k picture file attached... It downloaded 2 and failed.

If it worked perfectly on a Tiscalli connection and not on my Virgin Connection surely its a connection fault?
Old 19-08-2008, 04:55   #7
Jonathan90
Inactive

Jonathan90 is just really niceJonathan90 is just really niceJonathan90 is just really niceJonathan90 is just really niceJonathan90 is just really niceJonathan90 is just really nice

talking of which can enyone get their emails through hotmail

or this website mail.live.com
Jonathan90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 09:05   #8
eth01
Inactive

eth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan90 View Post
talking of which can enyone get their emails through hotmail

or this website mail.live.com
try: http://login.live.com/login.srf?wa=w....aspx&id=64855

(but yes it does)
eth01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 13:15   #9
Scottster
Inactive

Scottster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshchris View Post
Is anyone else on Virgin having issues accessing Googlemail via Pop?
Yep, I currently can't download on POP or IMAP, from any of my various devices. I've reset both router and modem, and I can happily ping to the various gmail domains (imap.gmail.com, pop.googlemail.com etc), and access Gmail in a web browser window. But, as of about 10am this morning, I have been unable to access either Gmail POP or IMAP from my PC, Macbook or iPhone. All work fine through the iPhone's 3G connection, so it can't be my Gmail account that's at fault. Thinking a Virgin Media DNS issue...

Scottster.

---------- Post added at 12:57 ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottster View Post
Yep, I currently can't download on POP or IMAP, from any of my various devices. I've reset both router and modem, and I can happily ping to the various gmail domains (imap.gmail.com, pop.googlemail.com etc), and access Gmail in a web browser window. But, as of about 10am this morning, I have been unable to access either Gmail POP or IMAP from my PC, Macbook or iPhone. All work fine through the iPhone's 3G connection, so it can't be my Gmail account that's at fault. Thinking a Virgin Media DNS issue...

Scottster.
Oh, I meant to say that I simply get a 'server timed out' error if I leave it trying. But as noted, it all works fine over a non-Virgin connection. So something fishy going on.

Scottster.

---------- Post added at 13:15 ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 ----------

Quote:
...and about five minutes after I posted this, Gmail IMAP/POP started working again! Will report back if I have any more ups and downs today.

Scottster.
Scottster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 13:22   #10
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Working fine on 10MB Leeds, Vista Ultimate and Windows LiveMail
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 13:29   #11
Scottster
Inactive

Scottster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
...and about five minutes after I posted this, Gmail IMAP/POP started working again! Will report back if I have any more ups and downs today.

Scottster.
...and it's down again! This is fun.

Scottster
Scottster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 19:01   #12
Welshchris
Permanently Banned

ive been having problems on and off for weeks, i usually download the emails late at night around 11pm cos if theres any large attachments its faster.
Old 19-08-2008, 19:46   #13
Jonathan90
Inactive

Jonathan90 is just really niceJonathan90 is just really niceJonathan90 is just really niceJonathan90 is just really niceJonathan90 is just really niceJonathan90 is just really nice

can someone check hotmail again
Jonathan90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 19:54   #14
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Hotmail OK in Manchester. Can I check anything else whilst I'm on the thread?
Old 19-08-2008, 20:26   #15
billjames
Inactive

billjames is an unknown quantity at this point

have you guys tried fastmail.fm
billjames is offline   Reply With Quote