Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Phorm Updates

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Phorm Updates
Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 10:41   #1
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Phorm Updates

Hello All,

THIS HAS NOT BEEN FINALISED SO DO NOT PM ROB M ABOUT IT YET.

I was speaking with Rob M last night about making a thread that is solely for updates about phorm so people dnt need to trying going through the other thread which is huge and gets a lot of posts per day so it quite possible you might miss something.

One of the main problems will be that if everyone is pming him he never be able to keep updating it and it turn out ot be the same as the current thread.

One solution i have though of is if the main user who are getting information like alex etc can pm him once a week with important updates and information then that oculd be. and if a important event happens one day before the schedule update day then it is posts to rob.

So does anyone el ehave ideas on how it could be done and what would we class as important etc?

Please post any ideas or comments here and we can try think of a solution and i will pm Rob M with it unless he reading this himself.
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2008, 11:51   #2
JediMaster
Inactive

JediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these parts
Re: Phorm Updates

why not use a blog? that way rob is only one who posts info and not full of replies like the other thread?
Old 07-08-2008, 12:12   #3
Bonglet
cf.addict

Bonglet has a spectacular aura about themBonglet has a spectacular aura about themBonglet has a spectacular aura about themBonglet has a spectacular aura about them

I thought a forum was used for replies and discussion?
Old 07-08-2008, 12:12   #4
brundles
Inactive

brundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of society

Top notch idea - especially with some of the recent stuff I'm seeing on the BBC website about it.

Blogwise, we'd be looking at an external site wouldn't we? I seem to remember CF doesn't have the blog functionality turned on.

Simplicity wise, would the option of a locked thread that Rob (or a.n.other mod) can just add additional posts to as and when? (Blog style ).
Old 07-08-2008, 12:24   #5
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Yeah ti basically be a locked thread that a mod posts to each week with important updates.

The main problem i have just now is who would be responsible for pm the mod the updates, and what updates should be included.

Bonglet that is the idea of forum but have a look at the phorm thread it huge and it gets loads of posts a day so people might miss important information because of that this way people coudl look and see there has been this important information recently and talk and discuss it in the main thread.
Old 07-08-2008, 14:50   #6
eth01
Inactive

eth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to all

there is really no need for this thread IMO. merge?
Old 07-08-2008, 15:06   #7
brundles
Inactive

brundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of society

Merge with what? The point of this thread was to try and get a seperate summary of information available NOT in the giant Phorm thread. No necessarily in this thread, but at least somewhere.

The volume of responses and discussion on that thread has become impossible to keep up with just to keep an eye on and as a result a lot of people (me included) will have stopped reading it. A seperate thread/information point with key events/pieces of information would serve most members of this forum better IMO.
Old 07-08-2008, 15:10   #8
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

So what was the point of this thread ?
Old 07-08-2008, 15:10   #9
eth01
Inactive

eth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to all

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12...s-updated.html ... i'd like to say that in those 13,428 posts there is the answer. yes, 13,428.
Old 07-08-2008, 15:22   #10
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
So what was the point of this thread ?
That thread isnt easily accessible but it has sort idea i mean, my idea is to have a lcoekd thread that is always seen by people and important updates as put there for users to be able ot read i find it very hard ot keep up with the main phorm page within 2 hours there is 2 or 3 new pages no one can keep up with it.

the thread is mroe to discuss ideas for the propused thread on how it be run, who do it, what it involve etc. Robm told me discuss then feed back to him the ideas then the mod would discuss it.
Old 07-08-2008, 15:25   #11
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

It would have been nice if you had made clear that it was Rob M who suggested this in your first post...

Sorry I missed the small m in the first post.
Old 07-08-2008, 15:28   #12
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Apologizes i just capitalist first letter didn't look to see it capstial last letter.
Old 07-08-2008, 15:47   #13
JediMaster
Inactive

JediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these parts

i've not read any of the huge topic as i dont have 2 weeks to sit and read it all lol. blog or locked topic with clear updates and not 40 lines of text in one huge paragraph (I hate seeing huge blocks of text).

Hope to see the updates soon as I know very little of what is going on lol
Old 07-08-2008, 16:03   #14
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Well there seems so far to be a consensus to make some sort of thread that keeps users updated.

The only problem still remains, who will be responsible for PM the mod responsible for updating it, and how do we determine what is reverent. BTW pming the mod i think we might need a few users dealing with different aspects.

We would also need to set down a timeline like maybe ever few days or once a week with updates before then if it very important breakign news type thing.

It also be a good idea anything that is posted is speculation and is presented witha source to.
Old 07-08-2008, 20:50   #15
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

Andrew,

Please see my PM concerning this.

On the basis that this is not directly related to 'VM Internet Services', and that there are some additional discussions that need to be had about this 'offline'.....

.....Thread Closed.
Closed Thread