Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | HELP - BB is driving me mad

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

HELP - BB is driving me mad

Old 22-07-2008, 16:28   #1
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
HELP - BB is driving me mad

I am being driven mad, by our broadband service, we are on the top pacakge of XL and pay £25.00 per month for the privelege, but our broadband is so slow, you could make breakfast,eat it and wash the plate, before it changes a page, we spoke to VM and they have said, that this normal, and yet at the begining of July, we were told, that they were increasing the BB, to the top range, but it is so slow, and my wife is worried about calling vm, in case we get further problems, like we have been having, what makes me laugh is that there are big adverts out, saying it is the best in the business, l would like them to view mine.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-07-2008, 16:33   #2
ultimate
cf.geek

Services: 200Mb,TV FH V6 and Phone
ultimate is a jewel in the roughultimate is a jewel in the roughultimate is a jewel in the roughultimate is a jewel in the roughultimate is a jewel in the rough
Re: HELP - BB is driving me mad

Should post this to the BB forum
ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2008, 16:40   #3
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Moved to the correct forum
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2008, 16:40   #4
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

arthur, run some speedtests and post the results.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2008, 17:02   #5
sstainer
Inactive

Services: VIP package
sstainer is just really nicesstainer is just really nicesstainer is just really nicesstainer is just really nicesstainer is just really nicesstainer is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to sstainer

check the modems config pages at http://192.168.100.1/
root root if required see if the power levels are ok
sstainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2008, 17:24   #6
whydoIneedatech

Services: VIRGIN MEDIA , 20 Mb BB, V+ Box, XL Phone and 2 Virgin Mobiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
I am being driven mad, by our broadband service, we are on the top pacakge of XL and pay £25.00 per month for the privelege, but our broadband is so slow, you could make breakfast,eat it and wash the plate, before it changes a page, we spoke to VM and they have said, that this normal, and yet at the begining of July, we were told, that they were increasing the BB, to the top range, but it is so slow, and my wife is worried about calling vm, in case we get further problems, like we have been having, what makes me laugh is that there are big adverts out, saying it is the best in the business, l would like them to view mine.
Post what modem you have and your power levels from your config pages of your modem. The should be a sticker on the bottom saying what model.

Open a browser and in the address bar put> 192.168.100.1 password and username are both root if required.

DO NOT POST YOUR MAC ADDRESS OR SERIAL NUMBER

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are a Virgin Media customer then the best speedtest is from the link below which is from a dedicated server within the Virgin Media network, hence the is no www. before the address.

Have you tried going to this link to check your speeds http://gamefiles.virginmedia.com/

click on blueyondergames>demos>then click on at least 2 large files and save them to your desktop, and then wait a couple of minutes then write down the transfer rates on the files that are running> times them by 8 and you will get a truer download speed.
Old 22-07-2008, 17:59   #7
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Hi Foreverwar, the results, that we have come up with are;

Upload speed 343kbps
Download 3.96mbps

Does that make sense.
cheers

arthur
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2008, 18:08   #8
sstainer
Inactive

Services: VIP package
sstainer is just really nicesstainer is just really nicesstainer is just really nicesstainer is just really nicesstainer is just really nicesstainer is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to sstainer

Quote:

Upload speed 343kbps
Download 3.96mbps

Does that make sense.
cheers

arthur
looks like 4mb soon to be 10 to me with those speeds
sstainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2008, 18:17   #9
whydoIneedatech

Services: VIRGIN MEDIA , 20 Mb BB, V+ Box, XL Phone and 2 Virgin Mobiles

Quote:

Upload speed 343kbps
Download 3.96mbps

Does that make sense.
cheers

arthur
Arthur try this and post the details in the pages as this will tell us what speeds you are on.

Failing that PM me your MAC address and I will let you know tomorrow what speed you are on.

--------------------------

Post what modem you have and your power levels from your config pages of your modem. The should be a sticker on the bottom saying what model.

Open a browser and in the address bar put> 192.168.100.1 password and username are both root if required.

DO NOT POST YOUR MAC ADDRESS OR SERIAL NUMBER
Old 22-07-2008, 18:56   #10
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstainer View Post
looks like 4mb soon to be 10 to me with those speeds
Which would also tie in with the £25 per month that Arthur is paying.