Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sorry, me again

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Sorry, me again

Old 16-06-2008, 00:26   #1
burningfeetman
Inactive

burningfeetman is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Sorry, me again

Well, here i am again, complaining.

Here is my story,

Approximately a month ago i had enough with my '20Meg' internet which would max out about 4Meg, i figured, why not downgrade to 4meg and then im paying for what im getting. Sounds simple yes.

Ok downgraded and am now on the 'Grande Triple' which has 4meg (soon(ish) to be 10Meg) my internet decided it didnt like that and i had to have an engineer come out as my upstream transmit was over the magic 61db which is where the internet apparently drops out (tech seemed to know his stuff)

Ok so the engineer came out and did his thing and everything was fine, getting 4Meg speeds so im happy. Now, for some random reason my internet has dropped to 1Meg, its so frustrating.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/284446008.png

This speed test was done at nearly midnight, after a reboot of the modem, router and computer.

Yes the speeds will be nearly identical with the cable straight into my pc
Im using Vista sp1, connected via RJ-45 with no other applications running at all.

Please, if any VM employees are reading HELP ME please, i'll love you forever!
burningfeetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-06-2008, 00:39   #2
kpanchev
Inactive

Services: BB L package
kpanchev will become famous soon enoughkpanchev will become famous soon enoughkpanchev will become famous soon enough
Re: Sorry, me again

Looks like you have been STM-ed
kpanchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2008, 01:17   #3
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpanchev View Post
Looks like you have been STM-ed
I have to agree, the speedtest you posted are almost the exact figures for a 4mb stm.
frogstamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2008, 01:28   #4
burningfeetman
Inactive

burningfeetman is an unknown quantity at this point

Firstly i want to thank you for your replies,

Secondly you have to be kidding me, i've hardly downloaded anything today cause my internet has been sucky...

And STM at midnight, i cant remember off the top of my head, but isn't that 'out of hours' ?

Thanks again guys

BFM

Edit:

Ok half past 1 in the morning and my internet is now on 4MB, i've never really had a problem with stm before because i was away for 25 days or so of the month or so, now im home more often i want to be able to use the internet i pay for. I realise that there are reasons for what is being done, but well, its been in a million and one other threads so i'll just leave it for now.

On a side note, if/when i phone up to cancel my broadband becuase of stm, how has anyone experienced retentions trying to keep hold of them, they cant offer to turn it off so what sort of sweetner do they offer, or dont they? Just wondered about those that have already left because of this
burningfeetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2008, 02:25   #5
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by burningfeetman View Post
Firstly i want to thank you for your replies,

Secondly you have to be kidding me, i've hardly downloaded anything today cause my internet has been sucky...

And STM at midnight, i cant remember off the top of my head, but isn't that 'out of hours' ?

Thanks again guys

BFM

Edit:

Ok half past 1 in the morning and my internet is now on 4MB, i've never really had a problem with stm before because i was away for 25 days or so of the month or so, now im home more often i want to be able to use the internet i pay for. I realise that there are reasons for what is being done, but well, its been in a million and one other threads so i'll just leave it for now.

On a side note, if/when i phone up to cancel my broadband becuase of stm, how has anyone experienced retentions trying to keep hold of them, they cant offer to turn it off so what sort of sweetner do they offer, or dont they? Just wondered about those that have already left because of this
Don't forget the stm cuts in as soon as you go over, then its five hours from that point on, eg 20.45 to 01.45.
As regards retentions offering you a deal not to cancel, the more services you have with VM the better the discount they'll offer, just remember the golden rule.... be polite. I've read posts from people saying "I didn't get offered a deal, I mean I told them what a crappy company VM is and what they can do with their connection" is it any wonder people like this are told, "OK sir we'll terminate your services", BTW let us know how you get on and good luck.
frogstamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2008, 07:37   #6
ruddock08
cf.addict

Services: VIVID 200 Broadband + BT Whole Home WiFi
ruddock08 is on a distinguished roadruddock08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to ruddock08

15 ms ping.. nice (H)
ruddock08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2008, 09:29   #7
dcclanuk
Inactive

dcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruddock08 View Post
15 ms ping.. nice (H)
12ms on my 2mb

dcclanuk is offline   Reply With Quote