Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | How much would you like to pay for 20mb ?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

How much would you like to pay for 20mb ?

Old 13-06-2008, 01:38   #1
Berealwith
Inactive

Berealwith is on a distinguished roadBerealwith is on a distinguished road
How much would you like to pay for 20mb ?

As the post said "How much would you like to pay for 20mb" ? is £37-00 a fair price these days ?
Berealwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-06-2008, 01:47   #2
Enuff

Re: How much would you like to pay for 20mb ?

I've been paying £18pm for 3 months, now that's ended and it's back up to £37 I think it's way too expensive, i'd like to pay £15pm.
Old 13-06-2008, 01:48   #3
TraxData

Services: 25/25 Symetrical.

With STM? certainly not worth £37/month.

Maybe £15-20/Month MAX
Old 13-06-2008, 03:15   #4
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

What would I LIKE to pay? Nothing :p

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2008, 06:39   #5
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraxData View Post

Maybe £15-20/Month MAX

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2008, 07:03   #6
AmAtoL
cf.addict

Services: 20 meg BB , 3 Samsung STB's, Landline, 4 Mobiles, V+ Box, UK Online 8 Meg
AmAtoL will become famous soon enoughAmAtoL will become famous soon enoughAmAtoL will become famous soon enough

I'd pay £25 for a good solid 10 meg and I don't mean consistent solid d/l speed, I mean quality of connection (lol that again)
AmAtoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2008, 09:47   #7
Berealwith
Inactive

Berealwith is on a distinguished roadBerealwith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraxData View Post

Maybe £15-20/Month MAX
Trax has a great point............If the goal posts change/reduce or run tests

that have an affect to your service it should not be up to the customer to

purse (being that she/he has the level of knowledge) a discount. Virgin

Should contact you and give you a discount
Berealwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2008, 10:33   #8
Noggo
Inactive

Services: VM XL broadband, Sky+ TV and BT phone
Noggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation era

I would like to pay £30/month if there was no STM and £ 25.00/month with. That's if there wasn't a huge drop off at peak times, which is the case ATM every weeknight and weekend. But ATM I'm not paying £37/month, I've still got reduced monthly of £18.50 to cover for capacity issues (fix date mid August (subject to change) ).

If you look at alternatives like Bethere.co.uk, the unlimited package with Be home email will set you back £20/month. A neighbour changed a few weeks ago and download speed is 15Mbps after a bit of messing around with the ring wire and a good master socket filter from adslnation.com, it was running around 11Mbps before hand. Plus no drop off in speed at peak times, which is a bonus (well for him anyway). He's still keeping the wireless passcode from me though, until he's away on holiday in August. Which by that time fingers crossed the capacity problems should have been fixed by then (I don't know about fingers I might need more like toes, legs and arms crossed aswell .

Anyway in the end I think I will be paying £20/month with bethere.co.uk, if Virgin Media continue with there plan and introduce Phorm .
Noggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2008, 11:07   #9
xspeedyx

£1.50 o wait no I do pay £1.50
Old 13-06-2008, 12:00   #10
whydoIneedatech

Services: VIRGIN MEDIA , 20 Mb BB, V+ Box, XL Phone and 2 Virgin Mobiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthlinux View Post
£1.50 o wait no I do pay £1.50
Snap
Old 13-06-2008, 12:53   #11
dev
Inactive

dev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond repute

£5/month with ~50gb cap a month and then pay for more data transfer
dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2008, 12:56   #12
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Wicked_and_Crazy Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked_and_Crazy

I wouldnt, i dont see 20Mb being much of a benefit over 10Mb
Wicked_and_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2008, 16:13   #13
Nicosia
Inactive

Nicosia is an unknown quantity at this point

i have 20meg and get 10 but am still happy, i agree with trax it should be 15-20
Nicosia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2008, 17:10   #14
fred_flintstone
Inactive

fred_flintstone is an unknown quantity at this point

the virgin media service isnt worth jack $heet.
think about it
they are useless
the service im on 20mb is down more than it is up
try to ring you may as well call the chicken call centers cos they cant speak a word of english

ffs virgin get ur ass and heads together.
were uk customers why patch us thru to packistan to a call center there ?!?!?!
where's the logic in that ffs

and why is my modem down 80% of the day

good job its a clone EH

freddy
fred_flintstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2008, 17:18   #15
|Kippa|
Inactive

|Kippa| has a spectacular aura about them|Kippa| has a spectacular aura about them|Kippa| has a spectacular aura about them|Kippa| has a spectacular aura about them

I liked it when we had Telewest with 10mbit with no restrictions what so ever. Even if it were pricier then, you had a rock solid connection and no restrictions. I think the main issue now is the over use of STM to the extreme which is getting really silly. £37 a month is good for an unlimited 20mbit connection with no STM. I would agree with TraxData with all this STM stuff going around I'd say it is worth at the most £20 a month.
|Kippa| is offline   Reply With Quote