Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Cistern in a kitchen?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Cistern in a kitchen?

Old 18-05-2008, 10:42   #1
Central

Services: Sky + HD family pack 50mb XXL Phone M Sutton Coldfield TX
Central is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of society
Cistern in a kitchen?

I remember as a kid when getting my school lunch there was a toilet cistern in the kitchens.

Recentley in my sons nursery I have seen the same thing. Looks like a hi level toilet cistern.

What are these?
Central is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-05-2008, 10:51   #2
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M
Re: Cistern in a kitchen?

I guess to give water down-force to give it extra pressure?
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2008, 15:24   #3
greencreeper
Inactive

Services: Email me for a current price list
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star

If you mean a loo with a high-up cistern tank, then yeah - remember them from when I was a lad. Big heavy chain to pull. It's like zeph says - increases the water pressure for the flush.
greencreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2008, 16:07   #4
Central

Central is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of society

But why would it be in the middle of a kitchen?
Old 18-05-2008, 16:25   #5
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Be* View Post
But why would it be in the middle of a kitchen?
It could be for any piece of equipment needing a short term increase in water volume or pressure, such as a dishwasher, potato peeler or sluice & is just being used as an header tank.
Old 18-05-2008, 18:07   #6
Central

Whats a sluice?
Old 18-05-2008, 18:31   #7
homealone

Quote:
Whats a sluice?
basically a sink, but with a larger 'plug-hole' ..
Old 18-05-2008, 19:10   #8
Delta Whiskey
Inactive

Services: 10Mb BB, DTV & Phone
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny star
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny star

In a kitchen it's probably a header tank for the potato cleaner, they use a huge amount of water and mustn't be allowed to run out otherwise the potato's will be damaged.
Delta Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2008, 21:08   #9
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencreeper View Post
If you mean a loo with a high-up cistern tank, then yeah - remember them from when I was a lad. Big heavy chain to pull. It's like zeph says - increases the water pressure for the flush.
not only do I remember them I have one lol
Old 18-05-2008, 21:25   #10
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Wicked_and_Crazy Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked_and_Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglebarb View Post
not only do I remember them I have one lol
What, you have a big heavy chain

Didnt realise you were the bling king
Wicked_and_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2008, 21:27   #11
zing_deleted

only time im the king is when im sat on the throne lol
Old 18-05-2008, 22:37   #12
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Ours is a very odd conversion of a Low Level cistern. Have one of these too
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2008, 11:56   #13
Nidge

Services: Virgin, phone and 50meg Broadband.

Quote:
I remember as a kid when getting my school lunch there was a toilet cistern in the kitchens.

Recentley in my sons nursery I have seen the same thing. Looks like a hi level toilet cistern.

What are these?
High pressure for when them little toddies won't go round the U bend I used to have one of them toilets with a high up cistern, it had a cracking flush nothing was left when the flush had finished.
Old 19-05-2008, 15:39   #14
Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidge View Post
High pressure for when them little toddies won't go round the U bend I used to have one of them toilets with a high up cistern, it had a cracking flush nothing was left when the flush had finished.
Its a shame these high rise toilets are no longer about. I love the way they look. Such a vintage look.
Old 20-05-2008, 15:27   #15
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Just a pain when you have problems with your ballcock
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote