Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Makes me sad..

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Makes me sad..

Old 07-05-2008, 12:53   #1
kryogenik

Makes me sad..

Though it's no surprise or not even seldom seen, it still makes me very sad to see a parent rip into a tiny child with such rage and foul language.
I've just seen a mother call her (no more than) 2 year old some really, really horrible names. Really effing and blinding at this little angel because she couldn't push her pram over rough land and had stumbled and fell onto her bum. She told her she was 'totally pee'd off' with her and that she was going to get a slap if she didn't get up off her bleep and push her bleeping pram because 'you wanted to bring it, NOT bleeping me'. She's TWO YEARS OLD YOU MORON. I just stood and watched, she didnt care who saw or heard her. She called her pathetic and annoying.

I could never, ever dream of speaking to my daughter like that but If I ever did, I'd hope somebody would walk over and smack me in the gob.
How can someone speak to & treat a baby like that. The little lass was mortified.
It makes me really sad. What a horrible thing for me and my girl to witness on such a gorgeous day as today.
Advertisement
Old 07-05-2008, 13:03   #2
Tightscot
Inactive

Tightscot has reached the bronze age
Tightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze ageTightscot has reached the bronze age
Re: Makes me sad..

nothing like setting an example to your children is there
Tightscot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 13:03   #3
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Sadly not that uncommon. And people wonder why children seem to have no respect for teachers/police/doctors etc. these days.

I've seen a few shocking things recently involving parent and child. Probably the one that stands out was the woman (term used very loosely) trying to pop headphones into the ear of her 7 week old so it could listen to some crappy happy hardcore music from her phone.
She actually seemed to wonder why it was crying.

Really what chance do some of these kids have when they are brought up by parents who can barely function themselves as a member of society let alone try to raise and instill some values in children.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 13:06   #4
kryogenik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek S View Post
Probably the one that stands out was the woman (term used very loosely) trying to pop headphones into the ear of her 7 week old so it could listen to some crappy happy hardcore music from her phone.
She actually seemed to wonder why it was crying.

*shakes head*

Old 08-05-2008, 00:15   #5
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

I see people like that on the bus, swearing in front of their children, dragging them around like they are nothing.
One mum the other day was letting her 3 year old climb on to a bin and suck it's fingers and it was really dirty !
They should be ashamed of themselves !

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:51   #6
tweetypie/8
Permanently Banned

Services: vmxl virgin vmbb virgin mobile
tweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryogenik View Post
Though it's no surprise or not even seldom seen, it still makes me very sad to see a parent rip into a tiny child with such rage and foul language.
I've just seen a mother call her (no more than) 2 year old some really, really horrible names. Really effing and blinding at this little angel because she couldn't push her pram over rough land and had stumbled and fell onto her bum. She told her she was 'totally pee'd off' with her and that she was going to get a slap if she didn't get up off her bleep and push her bleeping pram because 'you wanted to bring it, NOT bleeping me'. She's TWO YEARS OLD YOU MORON. I just stood and watched, she didnt care who saw or heard her. She called her pathetic and annoying.

I could never, ever dream of speaking to my daughter like that but If I ever did, I'd hope somebody would walk over and smack me in the gob.
How can someone speak to & treat a baby like that. The little lass was mortified.
It makes me really sad. What a horrible thing for me and my girl to witness on such a gorgeous day as today.
one word for it gob s...e.
tweetypie/8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 14:21   #7
KaySquirrel
Inactive

Services: I use BT blinkenlights now!
KaySquirrel is just so famous around these partsKaySquirrel is just so famous around these partsKaySquirrel is just so famous around these partsKaySquirrel is just so famous around these partsKaySquirrel is just so famous around these partsKaySquirrel is just so famous around these partsKaySquirrel is just so famous around these partsKaySquirrel is just so famous around these partsKaySquirrel is just so famous around these partsKaySquirrel is just so famous around these partsKaySquirrel is just so famous around these partsKaySquirrel is just so famous around these partsKaySquirrel is just so famous around these partsKaySquirrel is just so famous around these partsKaySquirrel is just so famous around these parts

If that went on in public loud enough for kryogenik to hear, I dread to think what kind of thing happens in the privacy of their own home.
KaySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 21:19   #8
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars

Poor little thing
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 21:28   #9
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I never swear in front of any kids.

But if I say Bugger, Dam in front of my nephew or niece my sister gives me a filthy look.
Old 09-05-2008, 21:30   #10
G UK
cf.addict

Services: TIVO, XL TV, XL BB, M Phone
G UK has a fine set of QuadsG UK has a fine set of QuadsG UK has a fine set of QuadsG UK has a fine set of QuadsG UK has a fine set of QuadsG UK has a fine set of QuadsG UK has a fine set of QuadsG UK has a fine set of QuadsG UK has a fine set of QuadsG UK has a fine set of QuadsG UK has a fine set of QuadsG UK has a fine set of QuadsG UK has a fine set of QuadsG UK has a fine set of Quads

I must say although I find the idea uncomfortable people like this make a good case for limiting the breeding of people to those that are likely to at least attempt the effort necessary to bring up a child.

Unfortunately that is unworkable as one we would never agree on the criteria and two who would we trust to manage it without abusing the power
G UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2008, 20:20   #11
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050

This is disgusting!

I have a lot of contact with young "Chavvy" Parents and I must say, it disgusts me and all they do is laugh. I was chating to one lad today, who was expecting his first.. young lad he be, 21, bit of a silly fool, no real prospects, etc. Anywho, I thought, fair enough, maybe this can "turn him around" the answer is he doesn't care.

He told me his partner, who is 8 months gone, does all sorts, drink, drugs, smoke, you name it, she does it. I was sickened to hear this, full of rag and my blood was boiling and it got worse.

I asked the lad, why the hell would you let your women, do that to your child. He said dont know.

By this time, I was steaming, furious! I raised my voice to the lad, thats is your effing blood and guts, you have to stop her. He said, I cant

I told him straight, you shouldnt be a father, nor do you deserve to be. I told him, you have children, to give them the best possible start in life & give them everthing. Love and adore them!

He said "and" by this time, i was livid, gave him so comments and walked away. The same happens with alot of young-ens I meet. Same story, same ole.

I will never & never have:- Swore in front of my daughter. I dont drink so that is not a problem, I dont want people drinking in front of her or in her house. Smoking, is a no-no. Full stop.

It really upsets me, to think these poor inncoent children are getting treat like this!
webcrawler2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2008, 20:27   #12
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by webcrawler2050 View Post
This is disgusting!

I have a lot of contact with young "Chavvy" Parents and I must say, it disgusts me and all they do is laugh. I was chating to one lad today, who was expecting his first.. young lad he be, 21, bit of a silly fool, no real prospects, etc. Anywho, I thought, fair enough, maybe this can "turn him around" the answer is he doesn't care.

He told me his partner, who is 8 months gone, does all sorts, drink, drugs, smoke, you name it, she does it. I was sickened to hear this, full of rag and my blood was boiling and it got worse.

I asked the lad, why the hell would you let your women, do that to your child. He said dont know.

By this time, I was steaming, furious! I raised my voice to the lad, thats is your effing blood and guts, you have to stop her. He said, I cant

I told him straight, you shouldnt be a father, nor do you deserve to be. I told him, you have children, to give them the best possible start in life & give them everthing. Love and adore them!

He said "and" by this time, i was livid, gave him so comments and walked away. The same happens with alot of young-ens I meet. Same story, same ole.

I will never & never have:- Swore in front of my daughter. I dont drink so that is not a problem, I dont want people drinking in front of her or in her house. Smoking, is a no-no. Full stop.

It really upsets me, to think these poor inncoent children are getting treat like this!
It is a vicious circle in some families.You find yourself teaching one damaged generation who in short order produce the next generation and ruin them turning them into the next group of damaged students unable to concentrate long enough to learn anything.

Thankfully this group are a small group and the majority of people and their children are well adjusted members of society.
Old 18-05-2008, 20:31   #13
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050

Just breaks my heart to see this happening and the fact that theses people dont give a flying
webcrawler2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2008, 21:14   #14
zing_deleted

Although there is no excusing this behaviour no one here has any idea of whats going on in this persons life. I for one suffer from stress and my life at the minute is getting me down. I do admit I sometimes take my frustration out on my daughter and on other people in the form of snapping verbally. But even though I sometimes shout swear and get verbally angry there is no more important person in my life than my daughter
Old 18-05-2008, 21:25   #15
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglebarb View Post
Although there is no excusing this behaviour no one here has any idea of whats going on in this persons life. I for one suffer from stress and my life at the minute is getting me down. I do admit I sometimes take my frustration out on my daughter and on other people in the form of snapping verbally. But even though I sometimes shout swear and get verbally angry there is no more important person in my life than my daughter
True but I have never spoken to my children in that manner and I'm sure you haven't even when upset and frustrated..