Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Costs to upgrade to xl broadband

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Costs to upgrade to xl broadband

Old 22-04-2008, 17:29   #1
tucker61
Inactive

Services: Vivid200, v6, full house tv pack
tucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nice
Costs to upgrade to xl broadband

I phoned to ask how much it would cost me to upgrade from L to XL. Expecting cost to be about £5.00.
Indian advisor said £7.00.
I asked what are the download limits ? Reply was 20 mb. I asked how much could u download before my speed was managed. Reply was "20 mb is UNLIMITED" I rephrased and asked about the traffic management policy, " all our broadband is unlimited" I asked is 4 mb traffic managed. "no sir they are all unlimited. Finished by saying ok will think about it.

Why do people not know the products they are selling.
or why do they lie to us?
tucker61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-04-2008, 17:44   #2
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Costs to upgrade to xl broadband

Upgrade cost from L to XL is £12 (unless you get a different bundle)
BenMcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2008, 00:23   #3
slowcoach
Inactive

Services: VM Phone 152 Meg.
slowcoach has reached the bronze age
slowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker61 View Post
It's called "Having no interest in the job".
slowcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2008, 02:27   #4
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker61 View Post
I phoned to ask how much it would cost me to upgrade from L to XL. Expecting cost to be about £5.00.
Indian advisor said £7.00.
I asked what are the download limits ? Reply was 20 mb. I asked how much could u download before my speed was managed. Reply was "20 mb is UNLIMITED" I rephrased and asked about the traffic management policy, " all our broadband is unlimited" I asked is 4 mb traffic managed. "no sir they are all unlimited. Finished by saying ok will think about it.

As a lot of us, apparently, have great difficulty deciphering the IMHO deliberately misleading terms and conditions, found in the small print, and sometimes in the not so small print, associated with offers, hence the need to phone up.
I do not find it surprising that someone on the other side of the world who is forced to do the job for peanuts and whose first language is likely to be Urdu, has not the slightest interest or understanding of what sca..ooops I mean offer VM are touting this particular week.
I not defending the response you recieved but just voicing a likely explanation as we all know what happens when you pay in peanuts.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2008, 10:02   #5
Noggo
Inactive

Services: VM XL broadband, Sky+ TV and BT phone
Noggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation era

Remember that `L' bb is getting a free upgrade soon to 10Mb.
DO you really need 20Mb?
Noggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2008, 18:50   #6
tucker61
Inactive

tucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noggo View Post
Remember that `L' bb is getting a free upgrade soon to 10Mb.
DO you really need 20Mb?
not really, just get frustrated when downloading files and get capped just before file is completed.
Old 23-04-2008, 20:48   #7
Noggo
Inactive

Services: VM XL broadband, Sky+ TV and BT phone
Noggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation era

Why don't you get ADSL, Be, UK online or something similiar then.
If ADSL is an option, have a look to see what services / providers you can get:
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/mapping/mapping.php
(Enter your postcode then once map appears, click on your street and enter house number)
Noggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2008, 21:31   #8
tucker61
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noggo View Post
Why don't you get ADSL, Be, UK online or something similiar then.
If ADSL is an option, have a look to see what services / providers you can get:
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/mapping/mapping.php
(Enter your postcode then once map appears, click on your street and enter house number)
will cost me £125 for bt phone line,
I will wait for upgrade to 10 mb