Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Back pain

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Back pain

Old 11-04-2008, 14:38   #1
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
Back pain

I have this weird pain in my lower back.

As you can see from the attachment, the position is a few (8"-ish) above the top of my bum, and on the far-left of my body, just under the skin of my back.

Normally it doesn't hurt, and I can bend/stretch/turn in 98% of directions fine. Although if I bend to the right (i.e. stretching my left) it is a bit uncomfortable, but entirely bareable. Its also not painful to touch. However if I sneeze or cough (sneezing is worse and seems to happen a lot with me), it is absolutely agonising. The pain lasts for a few seconds or a bit longer depending on how big the sneeze was

The pain started yesterday and I was just sitting down at my desk as per normal. It seemed to be a bit better this morning, but after just sneezing a couple of times its now back and agonising. A few mins after sneezing it was fine-ish again.

Anyone know what's going on or anything I can do to lessen the pain?

Many thanks in advance.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2008, 14:42   #2
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Re: Back pain

Wotcha punky,

Rammy's probably the best person to ask, but this is almost exactly what happened to me before my doctor diagnosed me with sciatica. I seem to think that Rammy thought it may be something else, but that's my experience anyway
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 14:44   #3
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Indeedy, hopefully Mr Rammy will be here sooner rather than later. :cries:

I don't like to speculate, but what happened with your diagnosis/treatment?
Old 11-04-2008, 14:52   #4
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

Oh dear, now we know why you are wary of the next NTHW lan party - you'll be another one screaming in pain from Ramrod's activator
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 14:58   #5
Nugget
Inactive

Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin View Post
Indeedy, hopefully Mr Rammy will be here sooner rather than later. :cries:

I don't like to speculate, but what happened with your diagnosis/treatment?
The doctor prescribed some anti-inflammatories (potassium declofenac) and painkillers. I can't remember how long the course of treatment was (about a week or so, I think) but, fingers crossed, it's almost entirely cleared up now. I still get the occasional 'twinge' of pain, but that's normally after I've twisted sharply or something like that.
Old 11-04-2008, 15:44   #6
Nidge

Services: Virgin, phone and 50meg Broadband.

Sounds like muscle trouble mate, round that area of the back you have muscles that keep you upright, over the last couple of years I've had pain all round that area, when I visited the doctors all he prescribed me was Tramadol.
Old 11-04-2008, 15:44   #7
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Oh dear, now we know why you are wary of the next NTHW lan party - you'll be another one screaming in pain from Ramrod's activator
I'm already booked in the q before Punky
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 15:48   #8
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

Drink at least 4 pints of water a day for the next 7 days and all will be well.
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 15:50   #9
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferson T View Post
I'll be keeping quiet and hoping he don't notice me in the corner

er um I suspect my cunning little plan might now be out of the bag :
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 15:53   #10
punky
Inactive

Quote:
If you're in front of me and I sneeze to trigger my pain, I WILL knock you out the way and go in front, blind man or not
Old 11-04-2008, 15:56   #11
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Quote:
I'd be worried. Personally, I'd rather have ten nutters in front of me than one behind me.

Punky
Old 11-04-2008, 16:05   #12
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Wicked_and_Crazy Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked_and_Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidge View Post
Sounds like muscle trouble mate, round that area of the back you have muscles that keep you upright, over the last couple of years I've had pain all round that area, when I visited the doctors all he prescribed me was Tramadol.
You dont want to be having trouble with muscles round the back
Wicked_and_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 16:16   #13
Nugget
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked_and_Crazy View Post
You dont want to be having trouble with muscles round the back
Depends if you want to lose weight or not
Old 11-04-2008, 16:18   #14
TraxData

Services: 25/25 Symetrical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidge View Post
Agreed, i also have pain in the exact same area, its usually torn/twisted muscle/out of place, maybe you need to strengthen your back with exercies.
Old 11-04-2008, 16:31   #15
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin View Post
If you're in front of me and I sneeze to trigger my pain, I WILL knock you out the way and go in front, blind man or not
Not if I trip you up with my stick you won't

But, no, you can go first if you like - I want to see you in pain as Rammy works on you
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote