Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Help - I Need Scottish Food

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Help - I Need Scottish Food

Old 30-03-2008, 22:46   #1
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Help - I Need Scottish Food

My wife's family are Scottish, and have a liking, for Scottish food, we used to buy this at Asda, pies, meat, fish etc, but ASDA have decided to scrap this, and sell Polish and Indian food instead, does anyone know, where l can obtain this Scottish food, have you ever tried Scottish square sausage, (and no it is true, its brilliant), l live in Isleworth, which is near Hounslow.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-03-2008, 22:49   #2
zing_deleted

Re: Help - I Need Scottish Food

http://www.scottishfoodoverseas.com/shippinginfo.html sorry your sausage is out of stock

http://www.scottishgourmetfood.co.uk/

http://www.scotsmart.com/c/hampers.html
Old 30-03-2008, 22:53   #3
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Arthur, a salient point about square sausage is the amount of fat that comes out of it if you grill it - it ends up about 1/4 of the original size, with a large amount of dripping in your grill pan.

And if you fry it, you are adding to the lard already in it.

That creaking sound you can hear is your arteries hardening.

You should try Polish or German sausage - very tasty.

btw, our local Asda sells square sausage and haggis - but Leeds is a long way for you to come.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2008, 22:56   #4
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverwar View Post
That creaking sound you can hear is your arteries hardening.
A roll and slice with potato scone.

Food of the gods and never harmed anyone, that crushing pain down my left arm is just a coincidence.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2008, 23:03   #5
Losttheplot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
My wife's family are Scottish, and have a liking, for Scottish food, we used to buy this at Asda, pies, meat, fish etc, but ASDA have decided to scrap this, and sell Polish and Indian food instead, does anyone know, where l can obtain this Scottish food, have you ever tried Scottish square sausage, (and no it is true, its brilliant), l live in Isleworth, which is near Hounslow.
Does the Tesco's in Osterley not do them Arthur? ts a big enough store. The poles there do a good job with the car cleaning there though!
Old 30-03-2008, 23:44   #6
sollp
cf.mega poster

Services: Virginmobile,Sky TV, ZEN 76Mb,ZEN Phone line.
sollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful one

Look no further, Behold the classic delicacy of Scotland:

Old 31-03-2008, 00:38   #7
bopdude
Inactive

bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to bopdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollp View Post
Look no further, Behold the classic delicacy of Scotland:

Or as I've just seen on my travels deep fried pizza, in with the fish and chips ya go
bopdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2008, 08:03   #8
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

It's called Lorne sausage Arthur, I have seen something similar in Tescos, but never tried it. Also don't forget the clootie dumpling!
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2008, 08:08   #9
ikthius
Inactive

Services: anything for a new job
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze

nearest chippy for a fish supper??????

or a curry house for a chicken tikka massalla, which is believed to have halied from Glasgow with its "gravy"

ik
ikthius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2008, 17:12   #10
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

farm foods [frozen food store] sells square sausage and i believe they sell those awful scottish pies [the deep filled round ] type ,they also sell haggis and white pudding , god help your arteries you can always fry your own pizza, and batter and fry a cream egg or two .
Old 31-03-2008, 17:19   #11
arcamalpha2004

How about linda mccartney pies at sainsburys in chiswick.

Not scottish I know but her and paul had a place in scotland
Old 31-03-2008, 22:27   #12
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Many thanks for papa smurf, Farm Foods, no longer do Scottish Food, and the strange thing, that most of the supermarkets now are selling Polish food, and NOTHING from Scotland, or even Wales for that matter, Tesco's no longer do Scottish either, would you believe it they sell, cheap Polish Lager for 50p per can, is the UK, Poland, what annoys me, is that supermarkets must realise that, ENGLISH people do use these supermarkets.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2008, 22:50   #13
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

And Scots and Welsh and Irish.......

Here you go
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2008, 23:00   #14
sollp
cf.mega poster

Services: Virginmobile,Sky TV, ZEN 76Mb,ZEN Phone line.
sollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful one

To be honest apart from Haggis, i wasn't even aware there was or is "Scottish Food", i take it there basically variations of food we all eat on this Island, But just given a different name according upon were you live?
Old 01-04-2008, 18:25   #15
Vlad_Dracul
Inactive

Services: Dispensing wit and wisdom in so far as I am able . P3 500Mhz/ 2Mb BB when it works,no Tv,n
Vlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Is there such a thing as Scottish food?

OK i recognise that there are a few items such as the much revered Haggis but what else is there that is Scottish?

There are Scottish recipes such as neeps and tatties but turnips and potato are not Scottish delicacies.

Do you mean food that is produced in Scotland i.e home grown beef,lamb or fish?

What happened to Macfisheries anyway..?
Vlad_Dracul is offline   Reply With Quote