Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Activated Call Barring but...

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Activated Call Barring but...

Old 01-03-2008, 19:06   #1
hardtarget
Inactive

hardtarget is an unknown quantity at this point
Activated Call Barring but...

I activated call barring today for premium numbers like international and 08 numbers,
The CS said it will be affect in 24 hours,

Been a couple of hours but its still not been activated.
i know he said 24 hours but they usually say that just for the sake of it and service are activated instantly most of the time.

He said the code to activate it is *340206# and to deactivate it is #3406*pin#

tried them but some woman says you have dialled an incorrect service number or something along the lines
hardtarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2008, 19:43   #2
Eric55
Inactive

Eric55 will become famous soon enoughEric55 will become famous soon enoughEric55 will become famous soon enough
Re: Activated Call Barring but...

I thought call barring was activated with*227# and deactivated with #227# these are what I use.
Eric55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 21:23   #3
haydnwalker
Inactive

Services: TV:Sky+, BB:DRL VDSL2 40/10 with Ask4, Phone:Mobile Only
haydnwalker has reached the bronze age
haydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze age

I'm not overly up on this but different numbers to activate/deactivate may be different on different platforms (ie ex-Telewest & ex-NTL)

---------- Post added at 21:23 ---------- Previous post was at 21:22 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtarget View Post
I activated call barring today for premium numbers like international and 08 numbers,

i know he said 24 hours but they usually say that just for the sake of it and service are activated instantly most of the time.

He said the code to activate it is *340206# and to deactivate it is #3406*pin#

tried them but some woman says you have dialled an incorrect service number or something along the lines
Bear in mind that it might not work until monday too... try it again tomorrow and see... also try the numbers from the other poster...
haydnwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 21:29   #4
Marge
Inactive

Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric55 View Post
I thought call barring was activated with*227# and deactivated with #227# these are what I use.
Think those are the anon call rejecting codes not call barring

Which area are you in OP as different codes for different areas
Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 21:59   #5
hardtarget
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marge View Post
Think those are the anon call rejecting codes not call barring

Which area are you in OP as different codes for different areas
luton,
i rang them and they gave me the right codes this time
i have barred utgoing mobile calls and international calls,
will i be charged twice or just once no matter how many type of calls i disable?

for mobiles it is *347# and for international it is *342#

are there any other types of calls i can block?
Old 01-03-2008, 23:41   #6
Marge
Inactive

Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars

You can use the facility as many times as you want, you just pay the fee monthly for having the feature on your line

If you have a look here and choose Midlands as your area, it has all the codes listed for call barring options you can use
Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 01:13   #7
hardtarget
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marge View Post
You can use the facility as many times as you want, you just pay the fee monthly for having the feature on your line

If you have a look here and choose Midlands as your area, it has all the codes listed for call barring options you can use
isnt luton in the south east?

also i've barred premim rate calls but i can still call this number which calls international numbers
0871 999 14 14
Old 02-03-2008, 09:48   #8
dave_dph
Inactive

dave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:

Yes, but from the codes you are using it has the same switch type as the one in the ex-tw Midlands area. Check out the link given, you will see the various levels of call barring available.

---------- Post added at 09:48 ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 ----------

Quote:
also i've barred premim rate calls but i can still call this number which calls international numbers
0871 999 14 14
I don't think 0871 is classed as a premium rate number, they usually start with 09xx.
dave_dph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:32   #9
Akia

Quote:

Changes to the telephone really do take 24 hours because they need to go to the switch board to be changed. Its only the BBI and TV which change within a few mins unless your changeing the telephone at the same time which would hold the change to the BBI & TV untill the Telephone changes.
Old 08-03-2008, 16:17   #10
Rhyming Obituary
Inactive

Services: 1 X PVR 1 X Samsung 2110c Cable Modem Telco Line
Rhyming Obituary is just really niceRhyming Obituary is just really niceRhyming Obituary is just really niceRhyming Obituary is just really niceRhyming Obituary is just really niceRhyming Obituary is just really nice

Quote:

0871 999 14 14

It's a common misconception that 08 numbers are premium rate.

They're not, they what's known as local non-geographic (084 numbers)
and national non-geographic (087 numbers).

To bar calls to those types of numbers you will need to bar local or national calls from your line.
Rhyming Obituary is offline   Reply With Quote