Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Just BB, costs.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Just BB, costs.

Old 20-02-2008, 10:58   #1
otguk
Inactive

Services: SuperHub upto 50Mbps, TiVo, x2 HD boxes, Phone @£105 per month.
otguk is an unknown quantity at this point
Just BB, costs.

Did do a search "just the cost of broadband" and got this message...

The search term you specified (the) is under the minimum word length (4) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer. If this term contains a wildcard, please make this term more specific.

So all I want to know is am on 20meg but have never got that so I now want to go down to 4/10meg service. So I need to no....

What is the cost for JUST the BB? No phone line, no tv, just BB.

Thanks.
otguk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-02-2008, 11:21   #2
Richy99
Inactive

Services: XL broadband
Richy99 is a glorious beacon of lightRichy99 is a glorious beacon of lightRichy99 is a glorious beacon of lightRichy99 is a glorious beacon of lightRichy99 is a glorious beacon of lightRichy99 is a glorious beacon of lightRichy99 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Just BB, costs.

18 for 2meg and 25 for 4meg i think
Richy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 11:41   #3
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/webs...ervice.do?id=2
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 11:46   #4
Richy99
Inactive

Services: XL broadband
Richy99 is a glorious beacon of lightRichy99 is a glorious beacon of lightRichy99 is a glorious beacon of lightRichy99 is a glorious beacon of lightRichy99 is a glorious beacon of lightRichy99 is a glorious beacon of lightRichy99 is a glorious beacon of light

dont those price include the phone line tho rob?
Richy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 12:26   #5
rossco555
Inactive

rossco555 will become famous soon enoughrossco555 will become famous soon enoughrossco555 will become famous soon enough

The prices are £18-£25-£37 for each tear of service and don't include any telephone line....broadband only. Ring retentions 'cos the value of each tier is rubbish from VM, particularly in the evenings given contention /bandwidth throttling (Sorry....shaping)
rossco555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 14:51   #6
XFS03

Services: XL broadband ntl250 modem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richy99 View Post
dont those price include the phone line tho rob?
Strange thing is, I cannot find anywhere on that site that quotes broadband-only prices.

Have things turned full circle so that you now have to have a phone line with broadband?

I noticed a couple of mistakes on that site. The "up to 20Mb" price of £20, actually quotes £23.50 in the small print. Also, clicking on the "view details" for the 20 Mb service takes you to a page where the special offer price is again quoted at £23.50 in the small print, but says that the standard price (after 1 year) is £20!

Blow the special offer, I'll have mine at the standard price.
Old 20-02-2008, 15:12   #7
Nemeth
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 60mb
Nemeth will become famous soon enoughNemeth will become famous soon enoughNemeth will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFS03 View Post
Strange thing is, I cannot find anywhere on that site that quotes broadband-only prices.
They are buried on the site and it's not clear for new customers, basically you can only find them if you go through the upgrade options: http://allyours.virginmedia.com/cgi-...ng_customer.pl
Nemeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 16:02   #8
chickendippers
Inactive

Services: On-cable: TV-L, BB-L, Phone-M. Off-cable: Sky+ HD, Plusnet Unlimited.
chickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to chickendippers

This is a new page: http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html...broadband.html

I don't know why it needs to be under a special offer to get just broadband.
chickendippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 16:34   #9
jcuk
Inactive

Services: Virgin XL Broadband 20Mb / XL Digital TV / Virgin Phone
jcuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to jcuk

As above, yeah you can get broadband on its own at the cheaper rate for 6 months. But for the £20.00 p/m offer you need to take the telco line.

As for small print - *******s!!

Broadband offer - Offer ends midnight 31.01.08. Unless you are told otherwise by us, you must take broadband services for 12 months. £30 installation charge applies. Virgin Phone service must be taken.

It just seems the small print is different on different areas of the site, not good at all. And i reckon they are just hiding prices, i though VM was all about doing stuff differently and 'being honest'

Dont like this new scheme at all
jcuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 20:49   #10
sav112
Inactive

Services: "Be" 8mb
sav112 is an unknown quantity at this point

Paying £10 here for the 2mb....and i'd say thats a fine price, would i pay £18 for 2mb no!

been on it since the whole skyone thing...
sav112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2008, 12:56   #11
MrB
cf.addict

MrB is on a distinguished roadMrB is on a distinguished road

The broadband only prices are now on the homepage (not connecting from my VM line though and presents different pages at home!). Part of the Hate to Wait campaign - link on the homepage goes to:
http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html...l?vmsrc=vmhpld

MrB
MrB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 15:13   #12
adriang
Inactive

adriang is an unknown quantity at this point

In the pages describing upgrade costs for existing users, L broadband is priced at £25 (and that's what I pay). But in the BB prices from the main page, it offers £11.50 for the first 12 months, after which it reverts to the 'normal' price (in the small print) of £16 per month.

I've suggested to them that I should unsubscribe and reapply in order to get the now-normal £16 pm. Apparently I must unsubscribe for 3 months for this to work .. so I guess I'll have to try Sky. At £21 for much the same service that's costing me £47.50 (I have an NTL phone but don't use it), it doesn't seem likely that I'll return.
adriang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 18:11   #13
sav112
Inactive

Services: "Be" 8mb
sav112 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriang View Post
(I have an NTL phone but don't use it), it doesn't seem likely that I'll return.
I was in the same boat and got rid of it, after all my main phone is BT in the House with the Mobile second, a third phone was just stupid.
sav112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 18:32   #14
adriang
Inactive

adriang is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunately my wife watches those endless hospital and crime drama series on Living - I don't think they're on Freeview and I can't have Virgin TV without a phone package.
adriang is offline   Reply With Quote