Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Live radio streaming keeps disconnecting.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Live radio streaming keeps disconnecting.

Old 14-02-2008, 11:23   #1
gdafc
Inactive

gdafc is an unknown quantity at this point
Live radio streaming keeps disconnecting.

Hi all,

Brand new (yesterday) customer of Virgin Media Broadband 4 Mb, previously with Sky BB but BT have given us so much hassle we have decided to ditch them.

Any way when trying to listen to Radio 1 either live or listen again it connects and plays but then will disconnect if I browse other sites or refresh emails, basically if I try to do something else on the internet.

Please can anyone give any suggestions on how to rectify this or is it something I am stuck with.

I have this morning downloaded some files and the speed was very good.

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 11:23 ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 ----------

Quick update............

Have tried anotheronline radio station and the same thing happens.

I have also noticed that the connection drops out even when no other internet activities are occuring.

Must admit, I hope I have done the right thing in changing to VM, as although it is only day 2 and not a major issue it is still a very annoying one!

Thanks

Garry
gdafc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-02-2008, 11:26   #2
ottoni
cf.addict

ottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to behold
Re: Live radio streaming keeps disconnecting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdafc View Post
Hi all,

Brand new (yesterday) customer of Virgin Media Broadband 4 Mb, previously with Sky BB but BT have given us so much hassle we have decided to ditch them.

Any way when trying to listen to Radio 1 either live or listen again it connects and plays but then will disconnect if I browse other sites or refresh emails, basically if I try to do something else on the internet.

Please can anyone give any suggestions on how to rectify this or is it something I am stuck with.

I have this morning downloaded some files and the speed was very good.

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 11:23 ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 ----------

Quick update............

Have tried anotheronline radio station and the same thing happens.

I have also noticed that the connection drops out even when no other internet activities are occuring.

Must admit, I hope I have done the right thing in changing to VM, as although it is only day 2 and not a major issue it is still a very annoying one!

Thanks

Garry
If you scroll up to the top right hand corner of your screen, there are 3 boxes, when listening to the radio just click on the box that has a dash in it, this will let you surf all at the same time!
ottoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2008, 11:32   #3
gdafc
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoni View Post
If you scroll up to the top right hand corner of your screen, there are 3 boxes, when listening to the radio just click on the box that has a dash in it, this will let you surf all at the same time!
Are you being serious or are you taking the proverbial?

Either way, thanks for the advice even though it is totally irrelevant.
Old 14-02-2008, 11:52   #4
ottoni
cf.addict

ottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdafc View Post
Are you being serious or are you taking the proverbial?

Either way, thanks for the advice even though it is totally irrelevant.
No I'm being serious, you said you can't surf without the radio site disconnecting, by clicking on what I said this allows you to continue listening as well as continue looking at other websites, did not mean to cause offence, none was intended!
ottoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2008, 11:53   #5
TehTech
Permanently Banned

TehTech is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
No I'm being serious, you said you can't surf without the radio site disconnecting, by clicking on what I said this allows you to continue listening as well as continue looking at other websites, did not mean to cause offence, none was intended!

God, some poeple just cant tell when help has been given to them!
TehTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2008, 12:44   #6
boroboi
cf.geek

Services: TT Fibre Large 78mbit
boroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quads

lol... i can see how it can sound, but i think he means that the stream from the radio is being interrupted while surfing in a seperate window... correct me if im wrong.
boroboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2008, 13:05   #7
gdafc
Inactive

Quote:

No, none taken! Just thought you where having a laugh with me!

As has been said below it is an interruption of the streaming of the radio.

Thanks amyway,

Garry

---------- Post added at 13:05 ---------- Previous post was at 13:03 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehTech View Post
God, some poeple just cant tell when help has been given to them!
Yep I totally missed it that time.

Thankyou for all of your suggestions. (Just in case I missed some help in your post!!)

Garry
Old 16-02-2008, 17:51   #8
gdafc
Inactive

Hi all,

Thanks to those that tried to help, just to close this it turned out to be my brand new Belkin router at fault, I replaced it like for like and the same thing happened.

I then got a different brand (Netgear) and all is well.

Thanks again,

Garry