Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Anybody use an Electric toothbrush?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Anybody use an Electric toothbrush?

Old 11-12-2007, 14:37   #1
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Anybody use an Electric toothbrush?

My dentist has suggested that I get an electric toothbrush.

Anybody already using one that they would recommend?

If so, which are you using and what are the plus/minus points?

Also, dental floss?

Are they all the same? What should one look for?

Got to look after the gnashers now that I'm knocking on a bit
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-12-2007, 14:48   #2
Alien
Inactive

Services: VM Phone, V+, VM 10Mb
Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze
Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze
Re: Anybody use an Electric toothbrush?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
Also, dental floss?

Are they all the same? What should one look for?
Forget floss, get a Waterpik instead.
Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 14:50   #3
Toto
Inactive

Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal

I use an electrical Tooth Brush, a Braun. I find them very good to be honest.
Toto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 14:52   #4
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

you could try interdental brushes as opposed to floss.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/22...l#post34165476

also some suggestions here about electric toothbrushes I believe.
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 15:05   #5
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

We have a Braun. Wouldn't go back to manual tbh. I'd recommend getting a proper rechargeable, not one that runs on AA batteries.
Old 11-12-2007, 15:39   #6
Vlad_Dracul
Inactive

Services: Dispensing wit and wisdom in so far as I am able . P3 500Mhz/ 2Mb BB when it works,no Tv,n
Vlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful one

I have used a leccy toothbrush for quite a while now. They are most effective if used properly. You don't need to go to town on it and spend a fortune. Something like this would serve well;
http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/oral-...ush_1_578.html

There are some real expensive high tech ones out there but i think they are overkill.

No point in spending a fortune either as once the rechargeable battery is at end of life,you often have to bin the whole machine as the batteries are often custom size and therefore difficult to replace (been there,tired it,failed)

Next,floosing. Essential for good cleaning and fresh breath ! Dont faff around with a ball of strong type floss. Get yourself something like this

http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/crest...ks_1_6209.html

These have an easy to use lngth of floss strung,bow style,in a plastic holder making them easier to use.

Finally,,have a slurp of some mouthwash,rinse,spit,DONT swallow,rinse again with water.

Job done.
Repeat morning and evening as a minimum.
Vlad_Dracul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 15:52   #7
bopdude
Inactive

bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to bopdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielf View Post
We have a Braun. Wouldn't go back to manual tbh. I'd recommend getting a proper rechargeable, not one that runs on AA batteries.
WE, you share one
bopdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 15:57   #8
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by bopdude View Post
WE, you share one
They have removable brushes.
I also use ours to clean the toilet - using the wifes brush of course
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 15:59   #9
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

I would recommend Philips Sonic - I used to use the Braun rotating one, but my dentist recommend these (doesn't sell them, so had no reason other than professional opinion).

I wouldn't go back to manual or rotating.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 16:31   #10
ShadowTD
Inactive

Services: 200Mb & SH2ac
ShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond repute

Another vote for the Braun Oral B electric toothbrush. Had one for a few years now - if I ever stay away due to visits etc I take a manual and I always miss it!
ShadowTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 17:33   #11
WHISTLED
Inactive

WHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of society

Braun Sonicare - great but takes a while to get your head round spending over £50 for a tooth brush.
WHISTLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 18:07   #12
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

I recently bought a few vibrating ones from Tesco for my son (tooth braces)... and it seems to do the trick just as well a his earlier oscillating head ones.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 18:29   #13
Alien
Inactive

Services: VM Phone, V+, VM 10Mb
Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze
Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad_Dracul View Post
Next,floosing. Essential for good cleaning and fresh breath ! Dont faff around with a ball of strong type floss. Get yourself something like this

http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/crest...ks_1_6209.html

These have an easy to use lngth of floss strung,bow style,in a plastic holder making them easier to use.
If you think they're good you should try a dental irrigator, like the 1 I linked to previously. Gets to places those floss things can't, is rechargable [& you can get replacement batteries for it if/when you need to], & you can get replacement nozzles [though the only reason you'd need them is if you managed to brake them]. You know that thing the dentist uses on your teeth, that squirts a pressurised jet of water? It's basically the home version of 1 of them, except it squirts the water in rapid pulses, not a continuous stream.

Note: for anyone considering trying 1, take your top off, or wrap a towel round yourself, as you will very probably get water down your front each time you use it, until you get the hang of using it properly.
Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 19:24   #14
monkey2468
Inactive

Services: 1tb tivo, vhd, 60meg shub2 cablemodem, 1Xphoneline, Virgin mobile contract p
monkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quads

I wouldn't go back to a non-electric brush now. I use a Braun Oral-B sonic vitality, I would give it 8/10. (they are relativly cheap for a rechargable, £12ish)
Until I started using an electric toothbrush, I had to have dental work/fillings etc every six months. Since the electric brush I bough 3 years ago, I have had ZERO dental work. They are better.

EDIT: This one http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...l+B.Oral+B.htm
monkey2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 19:28   #15
Nikesh
Inactive

Nikesh has reached the bronze age
Nikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze age

Been using an electic one for years. It's a Braun one.
Nikesh is offline   Reply With Quote