Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Autographs

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Autographs

Old 30-11-2007, 03:48   #1
grabbi
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media VIP, 42", DVD Rec, Xbox, PS2, 360, FreeSat.
grabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud of
Autographs

Anyone ever tried buying from reputable online agencies for Autographs, or even tried the Addresses given out on some sites?

Thinking about getting into collecting these, and framing and all that.

Mainly because Im too lazy to wait to meet them.

I mean, Ive met a couple of famous people.

Brad Friedel, Roque Santa Cruz, Tugay... (Sure. They are footballers, but hey!)

Most High Profile person Ive met is Jimmy Carr. Nice geezer!
grabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-11-2007, 17:26   #2
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Re: Autographs

If you go on their official sites or fan sites there are normally addressses you can write to or by digging around on the net you can find who their agent is.

Remember to include a self addressed stamped envelope as otherwise you'l not always get something back.

I have a couple. Mostly dance DJ's, DJ Tiesto, Armin Van Buuren, Solarstone, Max Graham, John 00 Flemming.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 03:15   #3
Chorlton
Inactive

Services: Virgin XL TV, V+, L BB and phone. Virgin mobile
Chorlton is a jewel in the roughChorlton is a jewel in the roughChorlton is a jewel in the roughChorlton is a jewel in the roughChorlton is a jewel in the rough

Both of my daughters collect autographs, usually when they attend conventions etc., but my youngest one joined some online group or forum or suchlike and paid a small sum (about a tenner for three months I think but I could be wrong). For that she got lots of addresses of stars all over the world, also who is currently signing as some stars go through a phase where they will/won't. She then wrote to them enclosing a stamped addressed envelope or international reply voucher and a photo and has had quite a few good signatures. The key seems to be to write an interesting letter - it helps if you know which of their films/song/perfomances they themselves liked and can mention them.
Hope that helps.

---------- Post added at 03:15 ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 ----------

Don't always go on about what they are doing at the moment, quite often they like to be remembered for something they're proud of.
Chorlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 20:09   #4
Alien
Inactive

Services: VM Phone, V+, VM 10Mb
Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze
Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
I have a couple. Mostly dance DJ's, DJ Tiesto, Armin Van Buuren, Solarstone, Max Graham, John 00 Flemming.
O/T: Do you listen to DI.fm? They play some not-bad stuff on there; AVB has has own regular spot every Thursday evening [either 7 or 8pm, I forget].

The only downside to DI is the adverts on the free/lower bitrate service. As DI is based in the US the adverts tend to be more annoying than you'd get on British radio/TV. Thankfully, there's not as many ad breaks as there are on some US TV channels.
Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 20:28   #5
Halcyon
Hello !

Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

I sometimes listen to DI.fm, but I dont listen much anymore.
I do tune in to the anjunabeats show though, which you can listen again at the bottom of the page here:
http://www.anjunabeats.com/v5/welcome.php

Old 03-12-2007, 05:14   #6
Alien
Inactive

Services: VM Phone, V+, VM 10Mb
Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze
Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
I sometimes listen to DI.fm, but I dont listen much anymore.
I do tune in to the anjunabeats show though, which you can listen again at the bottom of the page here:
http://www.anjunabeats.com/v5/welcome.php
Yeah, I've caught that a few times; DI's what I normally have on as "background noise", unless a tune I really like comes on, in which case I have been known to crank the volume up a bit. Some of that music makes a good accompaniment for a work-out, but I prefer to use locally stored tunes rather then a radio feed, to avoid the adverts & to have full control over the playlist.
Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:55   #7
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Getting back on topic, a good idea is to get an autograph book and send it recorded delivery to your local breakfast show radio presenterwhen they get celebrity guests in and asking them to sign it. It helps to try and become a 'regular caller' type first. We used to have people doing that all the time on the Wave and I thought it was an original idea.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:50   #8
PeteTheMusicGuy
Inactive

Services: VM M BB, VM XL TV and M Phone
PeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to PeteTheMusicGuy Send a message via Yahoo to PeteTheMusicGuy

I have got quite a few autographs most of them I've went and got myself. What i've found that the best thing is not to treat them as celebs but as just another person.

A mate of mine met Darren Hayes (Former lead singer of Savage Garden) In chicago a few weeks ago and she was showing him photos of her recent trip here and he signed the back of one of them for her.

Somone else I know has a guitar signed by U2 (wish I had one of those )
PeteTheMusicGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:41   #9
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteTheMusicGuy View Post
A mate of mine met Darren Hayes (Former lead singer of Savage Garden) In chicago a few weeks ago and she was showing him photos of her recent trip here and he signed the back of one of them for her.
He was probably just glad someone recognised him
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 13:35   #10
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I've got Glenn Hoddle, Dennis Taylor, Tom O'Conner, Dad tried to get Charlie Drakes but was told to F*** off.
Old 03-12-2007, 17:48   #11
budwieser
cf.mega poster

budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star
budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star

I`ve got the songsheet to " Always look on the bright side of life" signed by the Monty Python stars!
budwieser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 18:30   #12
Halcyon
Hello !

I have to admit to being a big fan of the hi-tech crime show BUGS when it was on TV and have all the casts autographs.
It was like Spooks but in the 90's.

Old 03-12-2007, 20:32   #13
kryogenik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey View Post
He was probably just glad someone recognised him
Old 04-12-2007, 04:33   #14
grabbi
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media VIP, 42", DVD Rec, Xbox, PS2, 360, FreeSat.
grabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud of

I mean, football ones are probably the easiest.

Send a pic, SAE to the stadium and a little letter and your away.

Not too sure about foreign clubs, though.

I hear Barcelona are bad at giving out PR sigs, instead of Real players sigs, but then when you have your major celebs, in America, mainly, shipping them off can be a real bugger.

Ive written me letter, and made an envelope for the SAE to go into (the picture is A4, as was the SAE, so my envelope had to be bigger).

All I have to do is send it off. Ill wait til this time next year for a reply! hehe

Might try a few other people.

Big Wrestling fan, and many of them are working as Insurance Salesmen or Gym Instructors etc, so they are easy to get hold of.

Hopefully, when I get a bit older, then I will have a catalogue of legends, something to look through.
grabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 18:26   #15
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Does anyone want mine before I become famous? Going cheap at the moment but in the near future it could be worth a fortune
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote