Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Ipswich, where to live for cable connection?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Ipswich, where to live for cable connection?

Old 05-11-2007, 22:54   #1
qwqwek
Inactive

qwqwek is an unknown quantity at this point
Ipswich, where to live for cable connection?

Hello guys,

I am planning to move to Ipswich soon and was wondering which is a good place to live for broadband. I want to have cable connection rather than adsl (I read somewhere ipswich has only a few cable places). Ideally I will like to live near the train station.

Do you guys have any recommendations?

Cheers
qwqwek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2007, 23:15   #2
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
Re: Ipswich, where to live for cable connection?

I'm in Ipswich and never get anything less that 20mb at all times. (Cable that is). If that's any use to you.

And it is available round the train station area.
Old 05-11-2007, 23:56   #3
georgepomone
Inactive

Services: Tivo. VIP 120 Pack.
georgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to all

Ipswich West and Central is well wired. It changes to the far East of Ipswich which is BT land.
George.
georgepomone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 00:25   #4
tcbass
Inactive

Services: L TV-V+ & L BB
tcbass will become famous soon enoughtcbass will become famous soon enoughtcbass will become famous soon enough

Welcome, I live in west Ipswich and no problems with my connection al all.
tcbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 07:31   #5
qwqwek
Inactive

Thanks for your responses guys. It is strange, I googled for the postcode for Ranelagh road which gave me IP2 0AQ, IP2 0AN. Virgin media says this is a non-cable area!!
Old 06-11-2007, 18:56   #6
tcbass
Inactive

tcbass will become famous soon enoughtcbass will become famous soon enoughtcbass will become famous soon enough

There are several postcodes covering Ranelagh road, and possibly more coming soon as there is a massive new development going up on the old Compac Reva site.
The recent new set of flats (Centrum Court (Pooley's Yard), IP2 0AR) appears not to be cabled by the looks of things.

IP2 0AA, IP2 0AD, IP2 0AF, IP2 0AH are also for Ranelagh Rd and are cabled.
Old 06-11-2007, 20:50   #7
AndyIggs83
Inactive

Services: NTL TV & 10MB BB
AndyIggs83 will become famous soon enoughAndyIggs83 will become famous soon enoughAndyIggs83 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to AndyIggs83

Please dont tell me your moving somewhere and the decision is where the internet connection is good!?
AndyIggs83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 07:16   #8
qwqwek
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcbass View Post
There are several postcodes covering Ranelagh road, and possibly more coming soon as there is a massive new development going up on the old Compac Reva site.
The recent new set of flats (Centrum Court (Pooley's Yard), IP2 0AR) appears not to be cabled by the looks of things.

IP2 0AA, IP2 0AD, IP2 0AF, IP2 0AH are also for Ranelagh Rd and are cabled.
How did you get all these postcodes? Is it possible to get a map of postcodes?

Somebody suggested that docks area has a lot of new apartments, any idea if they have cable there?

I checked some random postcodes in Ipswich region on the Virgin Media website and they said that it is an analogue area rather than a cable/non-cable area. What is that supposed to mean?

cheers
Old 07-11-2007, 07:41   #9
Dai
Inactive

Services: 50Mb, TV & Phone
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to Dai

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyIggs83 View Post
Please dont tell me your moving somewhere and the decision is where the internet connection is good!?
What else matters?
Dai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 19:53   #10
tcbass
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwqwek View Post
How did you get all these postcodes? Is it possible to get a map of postcodes?

Somebody suggested that docks area has a lot of new apartments, any idea if they have cable there?

I checked some random postcodes in Ipswich region on the Virgin Media website and they said that it is an analogue area rather than a cable/non-cable area. What is that supposed to mean?

cheers
You had done the first bit by finding a Post code for Ranelagh Rd, I just went on Google map and Checked the other letters as Post codes are generally sequential geographically ans saw where they landed on the map, then checked it on VM site.

Royal mail also has a Post Code finder on line: Link
Old 08-11-2007, 19:39   #11
qwqwek
Inactive

Thanks tcbass. I was able to carve out a map of the postcodes which have cable in ipswich. It is a shame that there isnt any new development in Ipswich which has cable connection!!!
Old 09-11-2007, 10:01   #12
tcbass
Inactive

I know, It's seem silly that VM isn't a bit more proactive with new developments, as it must be one of the cheapest ways of cabling an area, when its built from scratch. Especially when it's a block of flats on a street that's already cabled (Centrum Court, Ranelagh Rd).