Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Cheapest VOIP payg for 0845 etc calls?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Telco Services Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Cheapest VOIP payg for 0845 etc calls?

Old 05-11-2007, 19:26   #1
cookie_365
Inactive

cookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronze
cookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronze
Cheapest VOIP payg for 0845 etc calls?

Hi all

Does anyone know which pay as you go VOIP provider is cheapest for 0845/0870/etc calls?

I have other options for receiving calls, calling landlines and mobiles and so on, just need the occasional non-geographic call and would like to pay as close to standard BT rates as possible.

Thanks
cookie_365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2007, 20:07   #2
brundles
Inactive

brundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of society
Re: Cheapest VOIP payg for 0845 etc calls?

I'd be interested in what responses you get here.

As a reference point, the package I'm on with voip.co.uk is 3p/min for 0845 and 7p/min for 0870. That said, they're revamping their tariffs shortly so I'm not sure what it will be then.
brundles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 20:33   #3
altis
cf.mega poster

altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star
altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star

Gradwell are also 3p for 0845 and 7p for 0870.
http://www.gradwell.co.uk/voip/callcharges/

BT standard charges are:
0845: 3.95p daytime, 1.00p evenings and weekends
0870: 7.91p daytime, 3.95p evenings and 1.50 weekends
http://www.productsandservices.bt.co...ialisedNos.pdf
altis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:19   #4
absthechatter
Inactive

absthechatter is just really niceabsthechatter is just really niceabsthechatter is just really niceabsthechatter is just really niceabsthechatter is just really niceabsthechatter is just really nice

Or you could use http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php It will give you majority of geographical numbers.

Abs
absthechatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 19:03   #5
cookie_365
Inactive

cookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronze
cookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by brundles View Post
I'd be interested in what responses you get here.

As a reference point, the package I'm on with voip.co.uk is 3p/min for 0845 and 7p/min for 0870. That said, they're revamping their tariffs shortly so I'm not sure what it will be then.

---------- Post added at 19:02 ---------- Previous post was at 19:00 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by altis View Post
Gradwell are also 3p for 0845 and 7p for 0870.
http://www.gradwell.co.uk/voip/callcharges/

BT standard charges are:
0845: 3.95p daytime, 1.00p evenings and weekends
0870: 7.91p daytime, 3.95p evenings and 1.50 weekends
http://www.productsandservices.bt.co...ialisedNos.pdf
Thanks - not payg though

---------- Post added at 19:03 ---------- Previous post was at 19:02 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by absthechatter View Post
Or you could use http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php It will give you majority of geographical numbers.

Abs
Yes, always a good site, thanks for the reminder
Old 07-11-2007, 19:22   #6
bmxbandit
Inactive

bmxbandit has reached the bronze age
bmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze age

Skype is relatively expensive...:

0845 £ 0.084
0870 £ 0.118
bmxbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 11:17   #7
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array

I use Callcentric.com - it's american based, but provides a DID (Direct Inbound Dial) number for $5.95 / month (including UK numbers, I have an 0161 running from it) Voicemail on mine is free, plus it emails you the voicemail as an mp3 attachment meaning you can store / archive your voicemails easily, and they run a PAYG service where you topup from $5 upwards and can use it to make calls. These are charged at $0.02 / minute to UK landlines and $0.17 to mobiles. (about 1p/minute landline, 8-9p mobiles)
Call quality is excellent, bring your own hardware or software, support is only available via their web page report system, but the few issues I have had (mainly teething problems with their network) have been resolved within a couple of hours regardless of what time of day or night I reported a problem.
You can also set up multiple DID numbers without an issue.
Lord Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 18:27   #8
cookie_365
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxbandit View Post
Skype is relatively expensive...:

0845 £ 0.084
0870 £ 0.118
Thanks, yes, that seems to be how they finance the free calls

---------- Post added at 18:27 ---------- Previous post was at 18:24 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Nikon View Post
I use Callcentric.com - it's american based, but provides a DID (Direct Inbound Dial) number for $5.95 / month (including UK numbers, I have an 0161 running from it) Voicemail on mine is free, plus it emails you the voicemail as an mp3 attachment meaning you can store / archive your voicemails easily, and they run a PAYG service where you topup from $5 upwards and can use it to make calls. These are charged at $0.02 / minute to UK landlines and $0.17 to mobiles. (about 1p/minute landline, 8-9p mobiles)
Call quality is excellent, bring your own hardware or software, support is only available via their web page report system, but the few issues I have had (mainly teething problems with their network) have been resolved within a couple of hours regardless of what time of day or night I reported a problem.
You can also set up multiple DID numbers without an issue.
Thanks - couldn't find any info on 0845 calls though