Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | PGuard Outage

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

PGuard Outage

Old 31-10-2007, 15:25   #1
smallethic
Inactive

smallethic is an unknown quantity at this point
PGuard Outage

In the list of service problems the following appears:

Opened
Loss of PC Guard Services - Nationally
Broadband Internet
26/10/2007 11:44

Originally it said that this was expected to be fixed in 4hrs but this has mysteriously disappeared. My PCGuard suddenly told me last week that it couldn't get function Spyware to load and to reboot. When I did so I couldn't get PCGuard to load at all.

All efforts to download and install it again have also failed. Does anyone know what is going on?
smallethic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-10-2007, 15:42   #2
Axegrinder
Inactive

Services: Virgin BB M 10Mb Freeview
Axegrinder is just really niceAxegrinder is just really niceAxegrinder is just really niceAxegrinder is just really niceAxegrinder is just really niceAxegrinder is just really nice
Re: PGuard Outage

Personally i would ditch pcguard, and use AVG or avast!, as they are free, and use a hell of a lot less system resources, as ive always found pcguard to be abit bloated and not very effective, but its your choice.
Axegrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2007, 15:53   #3
dave6x
Inactive

Services: VM BBL 3Mb> 10Mb> 20Mb> 30Mb> 50Mb> 70Mb
dave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond repute
Re: PGuard Outage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axegrinder View Post
Personally i would ditch pcguard, and use AVG or avast!, as they are free, and use a hell of a lot less system resources, as ive always found pcguard to be abit bloated and not very effective, but its your choice.
I'd have to agree, PCGuard is a serious resource hog!

I tried it when it was offered "free" but it slowed things down too much on all my PCs, but particularly on an elderly laptop that is short on RAM, so quickly returned to AVG, AdAware and SpyBot, at least I can control what they are doing!
dave6x is offline   Reply With Quote