Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Do I have to use the cd to get my cable broadband working ?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Do I have to use the cd to get my cable broadband working ?

Old 27-10-2007, 13:16   #1
SilvaLiz
Inactive

SilvaLiz is an unknown quantity at this point
Do I have to use the cd to get my cable broadband working ?

I want to format and reinstall windows, I'd prefer not to use the virgin cd to get cable broadband working since last time it installed tons of "nastys", for me anything that connects to the net in the background without my permission is a nasty. I particularly hated broad jump client foundation, so would prefer to set up things manually as I used to do with dsl.

Does anyone have a link to a page with the correct settings to manually set up my cable internet ? I know there's one on these forums for ntl cable, but since I'm with virgin is that the right one to use ?

Found a couple on the virgin site but not sure if they are for dsl or cable ? So any help vastly appreciated, and sorry if it's a dumb question.
SilvaLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-10-2007, 13:17   #2
zing_deleted

Re: Do I have to use the cd to get my cable broadband working ?

if you use ethernet it will just work if you use usb just put the cd in dont install anything just allow the modem to search for drivers it will find one on the cd and just work
Old 27-10-2007, 15:10   #3
SilvaLiz
Inactive

SilvaLiz is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, I use ethernet, wow thats good that it just works.
SilvaLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2007, 18:47   #4
vmtec
Inactive

Services: now 50 mb bb,2v+ (pvr) 2 stb, and talk 24
vmtec is on a distinguished roadvmtec is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvaLiz View Post
I want to format and reinstall windows, I'd prefer not to use the virgin cd to get cable broadband working since last time it installed tons of "nastys", for me anything that connects to the net in the background without my permission is a nasty. I particularly hated broad jump client foundation, so would prefer to set up things manually as I used to do with dsl.

Does anyone have a link to a page with the correct settings to manually set up my cable internet ? I know there's one on these forums for ntl cable, but since I'm with virgin is that the right one to use ?

Found a couple on the virgin site but not sure if they are for dsl or cable ? So any help vastly appreciated, and sorry if it's a dumb question.
if you just type 80.5.178.26 you dont have to use the cd!!!!!!!!
vmtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2007, 19:35   #5
bayonet
cf.addict

Services: 152Mb 2AC Superhub XL TV with TIVO
bayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nice

Use any one of these serial numbers in lower case either ntl-ct8-cb485 or ntl-ct8-cj486 for registering as well
bayonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2007, 19:48   #6
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Quote:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/94...broadband.html
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2007, 20:01   #7
zing_deleted

why are people posting how to register when the OP is clearly just formatting windows and not registering a new modem

Quote:

pointed out a few clues there for those who missed them