Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Increase in 20Mb BB Speeds?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Increase in 20Mb BB Speeds?

Old 27-10-2007, 10:44   #1
gmudos
cf.member

Services: V6, Gig1
gmudos is on a distinguished roadgmudos is on a distinguished road
Increase in 20Mb BB Speeds?

Hi Folks,

Just a quick question. Has anyone else noticed a huge increase in BB speed recently. Unless my DU Meter stats are all over the place it seems I'm getting more that usual (see attached)

Cheers,
Graeme
gmudos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-10-2007, 10:53   #2
ferretuk
Inactive

Services: Plusnet Unlimited FTTC
ferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpack
Re: Increase in 20Mb BB Speeds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmudos View Post
Hi Folks,

Just a quick question. Has anyone else noticed a huge increase in BB speed recently. Unless my DU Meter stats are all over the place it seems I'm getting more that usual (see attached)

Cheers,
Graeme
Hmm, average of 0.00284 bytes per second if the units are correct
ferretuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2007, 11:31   #3
iTekweni
cf.addict

iTekweni can only hope to improve

Not likely if my speeds are anything to go by. My speed is fast between the hours of 00.00hrs and 07.00hrs and very crappy when I get home at 16.30hrs so I am paying for fast BB when i am not at home.

I refuse to fone TS because the questions will be about spyware and malware on my pc yet my OS has been reinstalled within the last week and if my configrations were wrong then why at the early hours of the morning I am getting speed in excess of 12Mb and when it counts when I am at home are crappy, at present it is approx 531.64 Kbps ( 0.5 Mbps )
iTekweni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2007, 15:03   #4
Bonglet
cf.addict

Bonglet has a spectacular aura about themBonglet has a spectacular aura about themBonglet has a spectacular aura about themBonglet has a spectacular aura about them

my speed is blasting along at a blistering 180k grabbing the crysis demo, god love this 20mb its fantastic i love the way it warps me back to 1-2mb whenever it fells like it (95% of the time) 4 month after 20mb rollout im still waiting for answers im not even hitting the 5mb shaped speed ffs.
Bonglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2007, 15:31   #5
Rone
Inactive

Services: BB XL
Rone will become famous soon enoughRone will become famous soon enoughRone will become famous soon enough

If there is an increase it passed my by, i work from home, and after 4 its pretty pathetic, and pretty well crap all day saturday and sunday.
Rone is offline   Reply With Quote