Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Taking up the Violin

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Taking up the Violin

Old 03-10-2007, 18:15   #1
AndrewJ
Inactive

AndrewJ has a nice shiny star
AndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny star
Taking up the Violin

Hey all,

While I enjoy pc's it's fast becoming something which is boring me, I fancy something new and something I can enjoy while others enjoy aswell.

I am curious if anyone knows of where I could learn the Violin in the Rochdale,Oldham area and if anyone here has learned it, and whom I could get in touch with and perhaps learn a little from.
AndrewJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-10-2007, 18:25   #2
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M
Re: Taking up the Violin

Tried the Yellow Pages, usually you can find quite a large range of music schools/teachers
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 18:29   #3
AndrewJ
Inactive

AndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny star

Shall do...ermmm Yellow Pages...last delivered...2001...problem...Where do I find a modern one
Old 03-10-2007, 18:30   #4
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

OK err... try www.yell.com then
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 18:31   #5
AndrewJ
Inactive

Brilliant Zeph Cheers.

Bet this will cost me to learn
Old 03-10-2007, 22:56   #6
superbiatch
Inactive

Services: Sky+, Sky Broadband and Talk
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to superbiatch

It won't be cheap, but definitely well worth learning. I haven't played since school, but know i could pick one up and play it straight away. Once you learn you never forget
superbiatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:12   #7
AndrewJ
Inactive

Good, I don't care about cost, I just want to learn, and the violin has a certain something for me.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:50   #8
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Of course you get the same results with a cat and a tazer

Nah seriously if its something you want to do go for it and don't be put off if it doesn't seem to be happening as quickly as you'd like.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:53   #9
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

'Taking up the violin' - I thought that was slang for something..

I played the violin when I was younger, can't say I enjoyed it really - much prefer the guitar - but good on you if you want to do something like that
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:38   #10
lauzjp
Inactive

Services: 5mb 3 mobile broadband, sky, freeview
lauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronze
lauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to lauzjp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey View Post
you would think that wouldn't you!

I always wanted to play cello, but all I got was a recorder

---------- Post added at 10:38 ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 ----------

ask in local music shops also, they often have little adverts for teachers, else they may know of someone.
lauzjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 20:09   #11
AndrewJ
Inactive

Shall do also, off next week to see into a Violin of my own, got a few friends who also have played some to grade 7 and 8 whatever that means :lol: still being this determined I am sure I can get there.
Old 04-10-2007, 20:17   #12
lauzjp
Inactive

Services: 5mb 3 mobile broadband, sky, freeview
lauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronze
lauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to lauzjp

best of luck! as long as you enjoy it, that's the main thing.
lauzjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 20:21   #13
AndrewJ
Inactive

I will see how far I can go, but I've my favorite Violinists and to match the odd song of theirs would be an achievement.
Old 04-10-2007, 20:29   #14
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey View Post

I played the violin when I was younger, can't say I enjoyed it really - much prefer the guitar - but good on you if you want to do something like that
your Finbar Saunders in disguise aint ya
Old 08-10-2007, 11:56   #15
AndrewJ
Inactive

Well it's here now to begin the long learning process