Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | telephone cable

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

telephone cable

Old 15-09-2007, 19:29   #1
1matt72
Inactive

1matt72 is an unknown quantity at this point
telephone cable

not sure if this is the right place for this but here goes
my cat has chewed through my telephone cable so i can't use my phone but virgin media are not happy to fix it,is there any other way that i can reconnect the cables,i can't just connect them like you can with speaker cables
you see i have plenty of cable and i can cut of the bit thats been chewed but then i have to connect them to box outside but they have these plastic connectors on them
is there any connectors i can buy to replace them or can i just connect them like i said above about the speaker wires
1matt72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-09-2007, 19:36   #2
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Re: telephone cable

Most phone line cables have 6 wires to them in three pairs. Often only 1 or 2 pairs are actually used. telephone cable can be bought at most DIY stores, as can junction boxes, either for screw connections or push fit using the special plastic tool also sold. Without disturbing your wiring externally in the Virgin Media external box (that really should only be touched by VM techs) you should be able to install your own cable internally simply matching up the coloured wires at your new junction boxes.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2007, 18:11   #3
naz121
Inactive

naz121 is an unknown quantity at this point

They are called jellys the VM engineer term , you should be able to get them from maplin.
naz121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2007, 20:11   #4
on in an hour!
Inactive

Location: looking at a nice new scar in the tarmac outside my house!
Services: staff deal
on in an hour! has reached the bronze age
on in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by naz121 View Post
They are called jellys the VM engineer term , you should be able to get them from maplin.
also known as scotchlocks
on in an hour! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2007, 14:28   #5
PS1
Inactive

Services: FIRE,AMBULANCE AND POLICE
PS1 is a splendid one to beholdPS1 is a splendid one to beholdPS1 is a splendid one to beholdPS1 is a splendid one to beholdPS1 is a splendid one to beholdPS1 is a splendid one to beholdPS1 is a splendid one to beholdPS1 is a splendid one to beholdPS1 is a splendid one to behold

they are called "crimps".
jellys is a made up name and scotchlocks are a brand.
PS1 is offline   Reply With Quote