Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | loss of service, high power levels

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

loss of service, high power levels

Old 03-09-2007, 13:55   #1
dudedude
Inactive

dudedude is an unknown quantity at this point
loss of service, high power levels

I have recently signed up to Virgin, about 3 weeks as a customer.

This is in an existing cabled house.

I have found

* only one cable point works for the modem, the other one connects but internet does not work
* upstream power levels consistently high, 57.5 to 58.6

Had one complete loss of service about a week ago (including TV - this was an area-wide issue), while last night my modem stopped working.

The problem experienced was the modem crashing (no route to host on ping) after connecting to Web interface and navigating a few links. Switching modems gave similar problems - connected to internet, can ping, but cannot get any HTTP traffic.

It's now working (wasn't working this morning though), but I don't think it's really acceptable, and I don't want to be wasting an hour regularly because of these problems.

I would like to contact technical support to address the power level issue, because I am concerned that I will have ongoing problems otherwise.

Is it possible to get them out specifically to address this issue? I have no desire to spend hours on phone to premium rate Indian call centre going through a script that advises me to reboot my PC, unplug my modem.

Simply: power levels high, please send engineer.
dudedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-09-2007, 18:15   #2
saabmania2

Services: VIP Pack
saabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to saabmania2
Re: loss of service, high power levels

hi,
are you signed on to the ( virginmedia.support.broadband.cable ) newsgroup, it's worth signing upto as some of the tech's in the virgin call centres answer your questions and can resolve issues for you, they can take a little time to reply, but at least it doesn't cost 25p p/min.
also i has simular issues to you and i posted the power levels on there and they looked into it for me and said they would send a tech out asked when would be convenient and gave 3 time options i.e 8am-12pm 12pm-4pm or 4pm-7pm
very good service
hth
paul
saabmania2 is offline   Reply With Quote