Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moved house, no ready light, unable to access autoreg.autoregister

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Moved house, no ready light, unable to access autoreg.autoregister

Old 20-08-2007, 12:11   #1
Mr_Grinch
Inactive

Mr_Grinch is an unknown quantity at this point
Moved house, no ready light, unable to access autoreg.autoregister

Sorry for the long title!

Ok, I moved house and took Cable with me. The previous occupants of the house also had cable, so when I got in there, I plugged everything in and away I went! Nice and simple.

A day or two later, Virgin media swapped the account details over (essentially so I wasn't using their service I take it). Since then I haven't been able to access the internet. The ready light on the modem (250) flashes then remains off. The sync light is solid. A quick peak at the modem gives a "Forwarding Denied" error message on the status page (I think, I'm not at home so can't double check).

I received my quick start pack, which came with a new pin (such as what I entered 7 months back in my old house). I did not receive a new setup cd, nor do I still have the old one! I've tried accessing autoreg.autoregister.net (and the ip for it which I can't remember off the top ) from several pcs (directly connected to modem via ethernet, connected to router etc) and am unable to (nor am I able to ping it).

I've requested a new setup cd, but am I correct in thinking it pretty much just forwards me to the above address? Is there anything else I can try to get myself up and running?

I can't try anything/provide you with any more information at present (house is 40mins away and I'm at work) but if people could suggest anything I could try tonight, that'd be appreciated.

Thanks folks!
Mr_Grinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-08-2007, 12:45   #2
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Re: Moved house, no ready light, unable to access autoreg.autoregister

You need to call them and make sure that the feed at the new address is actually live. It may have been disconnected when the old tennants ended their contract.
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2007, 12:49   #3
Mr_Grinch
Inactive

I called them when the quick start pack arrived and they confirmed everything was ready to go. The guy on the phone said I "may" need to run my setup cd though.
Old 20-08-2007, 13:04   #4
nicke261192
Inactive

Services: 1 V+ Box, 1 V Box, XL TV, L Broadband, L Phone, Sony Erricson C902 Vodafone Contract
nicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to nicke261192

You only need the CD if your connecting via USB
nicke261192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2007, 13:49   #5
Mr_Grinch
Inactive

I was under the impression it didn't just install USB drivers?

Regardless I'm taking it the ready light should be on?