Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | A few thruths about Virgin media engineers (Kelly Communication ones!)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

A few thruths about Virgin media engineers (Kelly Communication ones!)

Old 17-08-2007, 19:36   #1
stealthsyst3ms
Inactive

stealthsyst3ms is an unknown quantity at this point
A few thruths about Virgin media engineers (Kelly Communication ones!)

Right then people

I've been holding back from posting on here, until i had gathered enough 'on the job' info!
If you want to know why alot of the customer complaints arise from installation issues, i'm here to help you find the correct answers....

I lasted 4 months working with these ( kelly ) type people, and i'll tell you something... I've never worked for such cowboy's in all my life!
Don't Blame Virgin for Dodgy Installations, its all to do with the workload that these kelly Supervisors/Managers put onto the Engineers.
I have worked 12hrs a day on average, and still owe them over £800 for tools 'they' said we would get for free in the initial Interview/Training.

Anyone have any similiar facts? I'm currently providing virgin media and press with some Pics and problems i have seen whilist out on the job, and because i know a few people this won't go away i'm affraid!

any kelly/Virgin execs on here?

More to be posted...
stealthsyst3ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-08-2007, 20:22   #2
dav
Inactive

dav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of light
Re: A few thruths about Virgin media engineers ( Kelly Communication ones! )

Oooo... I like a whistle-blower.

However, are you sure you aren't going to leave yourself open to any form of retribution?
If so, is it worth it?
dav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2007, 20:22   #3
jk8800
Inactive

Services: tv drive
jk8800 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthsyst3ms View Post
Right then people

I've been holding back from posting on here, until i had gathered enough 'on the job' info!
If you want to know why alot of the customer complaints arise from installation issues, i'm here to help you find the correct answers....

I lasted 4 months working with these ( kelly ) type people, and i'll tell you something... I've never worked for such cowboy's in all my life!
Don't Blame Virgin for Dodgy Installations, its all to do with the workload that these kelly Supervisors/Managers put onto the Engineers.

I have worked 12hrs a day on average, and still owe them over £800 for tools 'they' said we would get for free in the initial Interview/Training.

Anyone have any similiar facts? I'm currently providing virgin media and press with some Pics and problems i have seen whilist out on the job, and because i know a few people this won't go away i'm affraid!

any kelly/Virgin execs on here?

hi there, i have not logged on for a while but after today when i got a call from kelly today offering me an interview i thought it might be worth logging on

now you have made me think twice. one thing i was worried about was the tools and if the work drys up what would happen to me

More to be posted...
jk8800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2007, 20:53   #4
stealthsyst3ms
Inactive

Thumbs down Re: A few thruths about Virgin media engineers ( Kelly Communication ones! )

I wouldn't call anyone a 'Whistleblower'...

I am able to tell the 'truth' which is 'factual' without any problems, and if people do have a problem with this, then i don't really care! I would quite happily hide under my forum name without anyone finding out who i am

Dude who has been offered a job with kellys....

Don't bother mate....

1- they tell you you get payed every 2 weeks, in actual fact you get your first pay after 1 month, which means you have to find all your costs on travel for this period! ( and i went into the office on the second week to make sure i was getting payed, which i was 'again' told i would.... guess what? never got anything for a month )

2- After you initial training period, you DO get payed every 2 weeks through a 'composite'payroll company, they take loads of your earnings as their cut... i.e training rate is 50 per day..... for 2 weeks you should get £500? but i ( and all the people i started with ) got around £360!!! not good!

3-Tools you are given after passing your test are around £350, they take 25 quid out of your wages every 2 weeks, took around a Month after being onj-site before the first charge was taken off..

4- The hours are too long, we were all averaging about 10-12 hrs a day for 50!! waste of time!! simple ass

5- They say its a really good industry to work in, they are wrong! its the worst industry i've ever experienced.

6- Pay for the days you work is always wrong, i have around 17 days pay missing for my period with them, you have little chance of getting it sorted with the muppets that run it! Photocopy everything if you do start!!!! not as if it will help much...but if you take them to court ( which i will be doing soon ) it will!
7- The people who seem to do well in the installation area, tend to do a job as quick as they can, which is why most customers i have dealt with, are unhappy with the service! On loads of occasions i went to a SRO job ( which is priced at £6 ) that took over an hour, if not 2hrs..... cos the previous engineers...knew this and fooked it off! as i was on a training rate and only a few jobs a day to start with... i could stay and complete the job properly!

8- 7 jobs per day in the area i was working, was too much... unless you like doing 12 hrs for a crappy pay? upto you i guess!

I'm getting tired of this now to be honest, it's making me feel streesed.....

so i'm finishing here, but have another 100 or so problems with it all!

I worked in the South london area, and i'm sure some of the area's are ok... but then only the top engineers will be in those areas....unlikely you will be at first! until you start impressing the used car salesman type management structure.....by cutting corners to complete the jobs before 8-9pm!!

proper weird industry mate......
Old 17-08-2007, 21:02   #5
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Just make sure you stay the right side of the libel laws...

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2007, 21:10   #6
dav
Inactive

dav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ B View Post
Which is what I was intimating...just watch your ar...well you get the idea
dav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2007, 21:13   #7
stealthsyst3ms
Inactive

Quote:
cheers

I'm willing to do time if that what it takes, besides..... i have some of the best legal team on my side with this one!

I won't tell you what else i'm going to do either.....
Old 17-08-2007, 21:16   #8
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
cheers

I'm willing to do time if that what it takes, besides..... i have some of the best legal team on my side with this one!
Yeah but bear in mind Cable Forum could get implicated, and I'm not willing for that to happen.

Quote:
I won't tell you what else i'm going to do either.....
Well I'll tell you what I'm going to do - edit your posts to remove the uneccessary spaces

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 17-08-2007, 21:21   #9
stealthsyst3ms
Inactive

Quote:
Yeah but bear in mind Cable Forum could get implicated, and I'm not willing for that to happen.

Well I'll tell you what I'm going to do - edit your posts to remove the uneccessary spaces
yeah of course..... i will be stting up my own php board very shorty....but only to project over what i've seen, so don't worry, i won't use this forum as a platform for my new project

feel free to edit my post, or get rid of this thread if you want?
Old 17-08-2007, 21:26   #10
saabmania2

Services: VIP Pack
saabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to saabmania2

are all engineers kelly communication or do virgin employ there own (i have a reason for asking) i've got a phone interview with them tomorrow but i applied threw vm careers link
saabmania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2007, 21:32   #11
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
yeah of course..... i will be stting up my own php board very shorty....but only to project over what i've seen, so don't worry, i won't use this forum as a platform for my new project

feel free to edit my post, or get rid of this thread if you want?
No need to do that, you've got as much right to post on here but we have to protect our website too! Say whatever you want just as long as you stay the right side of decency and the law!

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 17-08-2007, 21:33   #12
stealthsyst3ms
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabmania2 View Post
are all engineers kelly communication or do virgin employ there own (i have a reason for asking) i've got a phone interview with them tommorow but i applied threw vm careers link
I was working within the London area, i know for a fact that brighton has a company called Cobra, that do that area...and a few people i have spoken too, have said that cobra are a really good company to work for!

Just avoid kelly's mate
Old 17-08-2007, 21:41   #13
saabmania2

saabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond repute

ok cheers for that i will find out tomorrow and if it is kelly's i won't bother and will stay where i am
Old 17-08-2007, 21:45   #14
Nedkelly
Inactive

Services: V6 & Tivo SH3 on 300mb and 200mb and a telephone
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Smile Re: A few thruths about Virgin media engineers ( Kelly Communication ones! )

The contractors install that is are Kellys ,Map ,and avonline cobra haved moved on .Saabmania which job did you go for with VM
Nedkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2007, 21:56   #15
saabmania2

i went for a job called 'Service Technicians' if you go to the bottom of the virgin media home page there is a link called careers, in that there is a drop down box with links to jobs with virgin media. hope that makes sense i'm hoping it is working with virgin media and not farmed out to someone else