Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Broadband Plus - Music Choice Radio

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Broadband Plus - Music Choice Radio

Old 14-08-2007, 13:09   #1
nashmills
Inactive

Services: 500GB TiVo (TV M), BB 100Mb, Phone M
nashmills has a spectacular aura about themnashmills has a spectacular aura about themnashmills has a spectacular aura about themnashmills has a spectacular aura about them
Broadband Plus - Music Choice Radio

I like listening to the Music Choice radio but can anyone suggest how I could listen to it away from my computer - in another room in the house?

I was thinking of getting an Internet radio but I'm not sure that would work as you need to log in and it seems to need Internet Explorer (it won't play using Firefox on my system).
nashmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-08-2007, 13:36   #2
amateurfool
Inactive

Services: VirginMedia and proud of it.
amateurfool is just really niceamateurfool is just really niceamateurfool is just really niceamateurfool is just really niceamateurfool is just really niceamateurfool is just really nice
Re: Broadband Plus - Music Choice Radio

How about a digital media streamer, like NetGear Wireless Digital Media Player or one of many other similar pieces of kit.
amateurfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2007, 15:44   #3
Matth
Inactive

Services: BB:M, TV:XL, Phone:M, Loyalty
Matth has reached the bronze age
Matth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze age

There's an internet radio at Aldi on thursday, but other than local streaming and RECIVA, not sure what it can do.
Matth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2007, 16:51   #4
nashmills
Inactive

nashmills has a spectacular aura about themnashmills has a spectacular aura about themnashmills has a spectacular aura about themnashmills has a spectacular aura about them

How would a media streamer work if Music Choice needs IE to play? Would it work like an FM transmitter on the output of my sound card?
Old 14-08-2007, 17:04   #5
andygrif
Inactive

andygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze array
andygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze array

I'm not sure it would. It's been a long time since I had access to Broadband Plus, so I'm not completely au fait with it now...but I am pretty sure it needs some sort of authentication, which I don't think an external box would provide. I may be wrong of course, and I am happy to be corrected.

You might have a look instead for something like a wireless speaker set-up. I've not heard the quality of anything like this, so you might need to do some searching for reviews etc, but a quick Google led me to these with a 100m range. Any good?

http://www.edirectory.co.uk/pf/880/mia/pid/1608025

EDIT: Or how about these for €1000 http://www.trustedreviews.com/periph...-Enthusiast/p1

EDIT 2: Here's a whole range of them for about the £100 a pair mark....again, can't vouch for the quality but they look nice !!!! www.aqwirelessspeakers.com
andygrif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2007, 18:28   #6
nashmills
Inactive

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm looking at wireless speakers as I think they are the safest solution.