Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | cable modem problem

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

cable modem problem
Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 23:53   #1
dexterdexter
Inactive

dexterdexter is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation cable modem problem

A friend of mine gave me his cable modem 250 to keep. I tried to use this cable modem on my computer but it does not seem to connect to the internet. I checked to see if the ready status light is on and that is fine. I then try to reinstall the drivers for the cable modem. I went through the wizard until it asked for email address and password. Hence this is my friends modem. I already have another cable modem but unfortunatly it broke. I am thinking the modem my friend gave me has already registered to his name. When i try to type my email and password it does not seem to work. Any chance of helping me out to solve this problem. Thanks.
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2007, 23:59   #2
smiffing
Inactive

Services: VM 2 Mb Vm basic television VM telephone
smiffing is just really nicesmiffing is just really nicesmiffing is just really nicesmiffing is just really nicesmiffing is just really nicesmiffing is just really nice
Re: cable modem problem

I may be wrong but I believe the MAC address has something to do with it.
I am sure a tech will answer soon.
Old 13-07-2007, 00:22   #3
Toilet-Duck
cf.addict

Services: VirginMedia 20MB
Toilet-Duck will become famous soon enoughToilet-Duck will become famous soon enoughToilet-Duck will become famous soon enough

You cant use someone elses modem it wont work you need to contact virgin media if you need a replacement modem.
Old 13-07-2007, 00:25   #4
countbathory
Inactive

countbathory is on a distinguished roadcountbathory is on a distinguished road

Contact cable BB support, explain to them that your modem has broken and youve got another an you would like to register the mac address. I did have 2 modems an if i wished to swap them over this is what i had to do. But in all honesty be prepared for them to refuse as this modem is not yours and your friend really has no legal right to give it to you or anyone else as it belongs to VM. On the other hand you might get a sympathetic person on the phone who will sort it out for you. either way , good luck.
Old 13-07-2007, 00:41   #5
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

As already mentioned, if you get a fault with your own modem, you need to contact VirginMedia who will issue you with a replacement free of charge.
This modem will work specifically at the address you live at.

If you have a Virginmedia phone line, call free on 150 otherwise call:
0845 454 1111

Old 13-07-2007, 00:59   #6
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Connecting anything other than a modem supplied to you by VM is against your terms of service, using it to get free access is theft.

You have your answer, please feel free to contact VM support.

Thread closed.

Baby, I was born this way.
Closed Thread