Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Photo ID help needed!!!!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Photo ID help needed!!!!

Old 01-07-2007, 20:55   #1
Skweeky
Inactive

Skweeky is an unknown quantity at this point
Photo ID help needed!!!!

Hey

In a pickle. Just bought a nice new flat for myself and thought everything was going great until my solicitor has told me I require Photo ID for them to progress with everything. Arghh!!! They are looking for passport or photo driving license. Now as an adult I have never had a passport so this is out and I only have my old style paper licence. Fair enough I can change this over but to do this I need my birth certificate. Ok, I can go get this tomorrow, but they also say further checks may be needed.

Can anyone suggest any ideas to speed the process of my photo ID?
Skweeky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2007, 21:20   #2
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Photo ID help needed!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skweeky View Post
Hey

In a pickle. Just bought a nice new flat for myself and thought everything was going great until my solicitor has told me I require Photo ID for them to progress with everything. Arghh!!! They are looking for passport or photo driving license. Now as an adult I have never had a passport so this is out and I only have my old style paper licence. Fair enough I can change this over but to do this I need my birth certificate. Ok, I can go get this tomorrow, but they also say further checks may be needed.

You may even be able to get a photo driving licence for free if you are changing address, but you will need someone like a Doctor or local councillor to sign the photo to say you are you, but no birth certificate IIRC.
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 21:22   #3
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skweeky View Post
Hey

Not sure whether this would be acceptable, but if you are on the electoral roll & can provide an utility bill confirming your name at the registered address, plus the birth certificate, could you get a notary public to certify that any photo was a true likeness of yourself, as the person you are?

Otherwise it looks like 3 weeks to get a photo licence....

- or, Mick, one of the forum admins, did find getting a passport quicker than he expected, recently. But you do run the risk of being called for an 'assessment' as a new applicant - and it is a lot more expensive than a driving licence - although there are good reasons for getting one now, as the rules change, again, soon
Old 01-07-2007, 23:36   #4
Skweeky
Inactive

Thanks for the suggestions. Will head into Glasgow tomorrow to get my Birth Certificate and send away for the photo driving licence. Fingers crossed my solicitor and the seller of the flat will wait.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:20   #5
smiffing
Inactive

Services: VM 2 Mb Vm basic television VM telephone
smiffing is just really nicesmiffing is just really nicesmiffing is just really nicesmiffing is just really nicesmiffing is just really nicesmiffing is just really nice

This smacks of a pre runner to ID cards!
smiffing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 15:50   #6
Skweeky
Inactive

Wohoo!!! All is fine. They said as I had just about every other form of ID then a photo was not required.
Thanks again for suggestions.......Now does anyone know a good damp speciailist hehe.