Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Problem in VM Network

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Problem in VM Network

Old 26-06-2007, 11:03   #1
questover
Inactive

questover is an unknown quantity at this point
Problem in VM Network

Hi,

I'm having a problem where a piece of the network is stopping responding, and dropping traffic and thus losing my connection to my work PC (via Citrix).

The broadband support guys was useless (mentioned dropped connection - my connection hasn't), suggested I talk to the router people (why?).

Anyone else suffering?

Ping plotter shows:

1 9 [10.129.224.1]
2 10 glfd-t2cam1-a-v108.inet.ntl.com [80.4.30.53]
3 11 glfd-t2core-a-ge-wan64.inet.ntl.com [195.182.175.245]
4 * gfd-bb-a-so-720-0.inet.ntl.com [62.253.185.25]
5 * nth-bb-b-so-230-0.inet.ntl.com [213.105.175.138]
6 * tele-ic-1-as0-0.inet.ntl.com [62.253.184.2]
7 * ge5-0.BR1.LND6.ALTER.net [195.66.224.16]
8 * srp4-0.cr1.lnd6.gbb.uk.uu.net [158.43.194.233]
9 * pos2-0.CR1.LND10.ALTER.NET [158.43.254.18]
10 * so-7-0-0.XR1.LND9.ALTER.NET [158.43.150.98]
11 * pos1-0.gw2.lnd9.alter.net [158.43.150.158]

So the problem appears to be between: glfd-t2core-a-ge-wan64.inet.ntl.com and gfd-bb-a-so-720-0.inet.ntl.com.

I tried asking the support person to pass this info onto the network team (not sure if they bother).

This has happened about 13 times since 8:30.

Thanks.
questover is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-06-2007, 16:19   #2
Toto
Inactive

Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Re: Problem in VM Network

T2 Core.....yikes that is pretty much their backbone then.

If you have the location IP address or network name to hand, I'll run a trace to there tooo if you want, compare yours with my souht wales ex ntl connection.

EDIT - just ran a tracert, my SW T2 connection is fine, looks like a local problem, sorry.
Toto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2007, 17:55   #3
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Off topic posts removed.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2007, 09:06   #4
questover
Inactive

questover is an unknown quantity at this point

Extra info: it wasn't affecting all sites, so news.bbc.co.uk was ok, but cablehell.co.uk wasn't (as was work).

The main problem iis that the CS people don't know networks, and just keep checking the line level, asking me if I've tried without a router, etc.

And even if you say that, they still insist on running a line check and telll you the connection is fine (which I know already).

</rant over>
questover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2007, 09:21   #5
Toto
Inactive

Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal

This must be frustrating for you. I tried that cablehell site and it loaded fine for me.

Perhaps then somebody on this site can pass the details across to the VM networks people, although it strikes me that if its affecting a number of customers they would try to sort it out anyway?
Toto is offline   Reply With Quote