Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Lost My Number!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Lost My Number!

Old 13-06-2007, 21:19   #1
akki007
Inactive

Services: TiVo XL, L BB, L Phone
akki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to all
Virgin Lost My Number!

A few months back, I called Virgin with my situation...

I am moving out of my current house (with virgin phone) but will not be moving into my new house until June (now!). They told me my number would be held for 90 days (which I am still within) and I could have my number back when the engineers came to install at my new property.

So! Yesterday, they installed my phone at my new house....(and bear in mind that I have been PAYING for my phone constantly)...and they gave me a NEW number! Now CS are saying my old number is gone, forever!! The number of my business!

Does anybody have a useful phone number I can call that will get me through to somebody in the UK that can actually be of service to me??? Please please please, this is my livelihood!
akki007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-06-2007, 21:56   #2
Rhyming Obituary
Inactive

Services: 1 X PVR 1 X Samsung 2110c Cable Modem Telco Line
Rhyming Obituary is just really niceRhyming Obituary is just really niceRhyming Obituary is just really niceRhyming Obituary is just really niceRhyming Obituary is just really niceRhyming Obituary is just really nice
Re: Virgin Lost My Number!

What region are you in?
Rhyming Obituary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2007, 22:22   #3
akki007
Inactive

akki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to all

I'm in Cheshire.
Old 13-06-2007, 23:00   #4
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Are you paying for a business line ?

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2007, 23:03   #5
nfs6600
cf.geek

Services: All
nfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by akki007 View Post
Now CS are saying my old number is gone, forever!! The number of my business!
Is this a business or residential account?
nfs6600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2007, 23:05   #6
akki007
Inactive

it's residential, office at home.
Old 13-06-2007, 23:14   #7
nfs6600
cf.geek

Services: All
nfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant future

So your using VM residential services to make a profit?

On topic though, if you complain enough you should be able to get your number back. All depends on how willing the new customer is though. I would urge you to get a business account instead though. Ts&C's won't allow you to run a business on a residential line
nfs6600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2007, 23:41   #8
dev
Inactive

dev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfs6600 View Post

On topic though, if you complain enough you should be able to get your number back. All depends on how willing the new customer is though. I would urge you to get a business account instead though. Ts&C's won't allow you to run a business on a residential line
and i'm pretty sure a business line would come with official guarantees with compensation etc for downtime / problems
dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2007, 06:53   #9
akki007
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfs6600 View Post

Ok, thanks. Does anybody have a uk number for me to try?