Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | no direct debit we wil charge you

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

no direct debit we wil charge you

Old 09-06-2007, 13:19   #1
zachysat
Inactive

zachysat is on a distinguished roadzachysat is on a distinguished road
no direct debit we wil charge you

hi to all
i can`t belive it after 10 years with NTL (i have broadband and phone) i get charge £5 every months from VM becouse i don`t go with the direct debit can`t belive it how this people treat old costumer time to look around for a change

zachysat
zachysat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-06-2007, 13:22   #2
xspeedyx

Re: no direct debit we wil charge you

Well welcome to the world of been charged for everything. btw every company I know charge this so I think the idea they have is pay by dd or shut up and pay £5 or whatever they charge
Old 09-06-2007, 13:25   #3
zachysat
Inactive

zachysat is on a distinguished roadzachysat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthlinux View Post
Well welcome to the world of been charged for everything. btw every company I know charge this so I think the idea they have is pay by dd or shut up and pay £5 or whatever they charge
well this is what we call free world and democracy with ntl never had this problem Looks like the big boys of VM wonts to make big proffits by ripping people off
zachysat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 13:29   #4
xspeedyx

NTL have always charged a non dd charge never £5but always charged ppl if dont have a dd
Old 09-06-2007, 13:31   #5
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Just pay by direct debit and as said above there has always been a charge for not paying by direct debit.
Old 09-06-2007, 13:39   #6
willie
cf.geek

Services: VM 200mb VM Phone M
willie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these parts
Send a message via MSN to willie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthlinux View Post
NTL have always charged a non dd charge never £5but always charged ppl if dont have a dd
As i recall i was charged £2 for non DD payments with NTL although not with my original provider CableTel.
willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 13:49   #7
Safeman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media The False Advertising Company
Safeman is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachysat View Post
hi to all
i can`t belive it after 10 years with NTL (i have broadband and phone) i get charge £5 every months from VM becouse i don`t go with the direct debit can`t belive it how this people treat old costumer time to look around for a change

zachysat
rip off m8 they are trying everythink to get money even when you ring on a bt line they take forever to answer if you ring on a vm phone quick answering lol look else where if they are chargeing you £5 extra thats £60 a year man extra
Safeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 14:27   #8
jubbi
Inactive

Services: XL Broardband, XL TV, V+ and extra STB, and standard phone
jubbi will become famous soon enoughjubbi will become famous soon enoughjubbi will become famous soon enough

Just out of interest. What are peoples reasons for not using DD?
jubbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 15:17   #9
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachysat View Post
well this is what we call free world and democracy with ntl never had this problem Looks like the big boys of VM wonts to make big proffits by ripping people off

This is the UK mate, not the free world. Those that provide goods and services know that what was once a great nation the United Kingdom is now better known as Treasure Island.
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 15:18   #10
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Hmm this has been the case with NTL for as long as I can remember?
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 16:01   #11
blade85
Inactive

blade85 is on a distinguished roadblade85 is on a distinguished road

im pretty sure that even telewest had a small charge like £2 or something.
blade85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 17:06   #12
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubbi View Post
Good question! I'd like to know the answer as well.
Old 09-06-2007, 17:24   #13
Euromancer
Inactive

Euromancer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubbi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognitas View Post
Good question! I'd like to know the answer as well.
So Virgin Media cannot over charge you and then you have to fight to get your money back?

I was with Blueyonder/telewest for years and every month they managed to take the correct money, I have been with Virgin media 2 months since having a few more services and the 1st of June they took £187 god knows what for I have rung them 3 times twice promised a return call and still nothing is right.

---------- Post added at 17:24 ---------- Previous post was at 17:18 ----------

I think a direct Debt can only be for one amount therefore if the company thinks they should be taking more money from you they need a new Direct Debit contract to be signed by the customer or they have to ring you up, send a bill in the mail. Which means the customer ultimately has the right to approve the charge.
Euromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 17:37   #14
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

It's a standing order that is for a fixed amount whilst our DDs can be varied. According to this site we should all be on Variable Direct Debits and should receive our bill 10 working days before payment is requested so that we can sort out any errors in billing.

I've not had a BB bill since my bills were split in February but that another ongoing 'discussion' I'm having with Virgin.

Jo
Old 09-06-2007, 18:03   #15
Akia

The broadband billing system is done via ebilling so you won't get a paper bill. Also its a fixed amount every month.