Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 80gb Ps3

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

80gb Ps3

Old 21-05-2007, 17:15   #1
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
80gb Ps3

http://www.engadget.com/2007/05/21/s...ps3-for-korea/

Should be coming to USA and Europe and some point but sony need to find ways to reduce the entry price of the console, not find more expensives ones.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-05-2007, 08:22   #2
awibble
Inactive

Services: FreeView FreeSat SKY+ (6 Mix) BT Phone (comming soon) V+ XL - TV XL - PHONE XL - BB SKY-MOV
awibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant future
Re: 80gb Ps3

Not sure its needed, If anything, they should of gone to 120

Same as the 360 Elite... not needed.
awibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2007, 15:38   #3
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by awibble View Post
Not sure its needed, If anything, they should of gone to 120

Same as the 360 Elite... not needed.
Not needed at the moment but once they lauch tv/games/movies on the network then our 60gb will begin filling up very fast.

If am correct am sure you can just add a bigger hard-drive yourself anyway. Probably at a cheaper price to.
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2007, 15:48   #4
awibble
Inactive

Services: FreeView FreeSat SKY+ (6 Mix) BT Phone (comming soon) V+ XL - TV XL - PHONE XL - BB SKY-MOV
awibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant future

no, what i ment was the 80 isnt needed.... its not like its a big jump.
Old 22-05-2007, 16:00   #5
Chris Davo
Inactive

Services: Virgin media 10 MB Virgin Media Full TV package
Chris Davo is an unknown quantity at this point

You can just stick a bigger hardrive in yourself if it gets too full.
Chris Davo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2007, 21:23   #6
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Going up to 80GB from 60GB seems very pointless to me.

Although as mentioned already, you can simply whack a bigger one in there yourself... (something I can't do with my 360! lol)
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2007, 21:50   #7
icestar2
Inactive

icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Agreed it does seem a bit silly. However its aimed at pulling in more buyers. And 80gig sounds better than 60gig. And since they scrapped the 20gig model then I guess that's maybe another reason for the 80gig.
Old 23-05-2007, 08:47   #8
awibble
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
something I can't do with my 360! lol
It Can be done just not as easily as the PS3.... i actually just looked at it properly, and i recon, excluding formatting, it takes less than 5 minuites to change the disk.

the 360 needs a little more time as you have to hack the firmware.
Old 23-05-2007, 21:35   #9
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Yeah, but then you'd have problems with XBL though...

Plus still sadly no need for a bigger HDD on the 360... can't copy media to it (apart from ripping CDs) & the UK Marketplace sucks.

With the PS3, you can actually copy videos etc. to the HDD can't you?
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2007, 08:15   #10
awibble
Inactive

Quote:
Yeah, its actually pretty cool when people are round to be able to flick through my MP3 libary instead of searching through all the CD's to find the one we want.

Also i can take the MS-Duo dtright out my camera and view the pics, So far the only video i have on there (apart from the HD trailers) is some of the hack the toaster ones

I am planning on ordering a huge HDD at somepoint and then i'll finish ripping my MP3s, and never have to use a CD player again... but i refuse to rip my vinals to mp3
Old 25-05-2007, 13:05   #11
icestar2
Inactive

Quote:
Yeah you can stored video on the PS HDD. You can download all formats etc etc but to play them they must be in Mpeg4 format.

EDIT** or you could install linux and run VLan - then you could run most video types.