Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moved house, transferred and upgrade but very slow internet

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Moved house, transferred and upgrade but very slow internet

Old 12-05-2007, 21:51   #1
domo247
Inactive

Services: V.I.Package. 20Mbit. 255 Modem. Samsung S.T.B. V+ PVR.
domo247 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to domo247 Send a message via MSN to domo247
Moved house, transferred and upgrade but very slow internet

Moved house, transferred and upgrade but very slow internet (still in the same village)

Have recently moved house was on the 2Mb but have now upgraded to 10Mb VIP.

But I am getting d/l speeds of around 3.9Mb!? sorry make that between 2 and 3.9 Mb

Any possible reasons or do I need to maybe remind Virgin they should have upgraded my broadband?

We are being billed since we have changed to VIP and have channels we never use to have.
Cheers
domo247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-05-2007, 22:01   #2
hairy_mick
Inactive

hairy_mick has a spectacular aura about themhairy_mick has a spectacular aura about themhairy_mick has a spectacular aura about themhairy_mick has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Moved house, transferred and upgrade but very slow internet

Hi and welcome to nthellworld when i upgraded to 10 meg i had to ring up because of slow speed still on 4meg and found out that my modem was on old address which i had moved from 5 years ago a call to customer service i think.
hairy_mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 22:02   #3
on in an hour!
Inactive

Location: looking at a nice new scar in the tarmac outside my house!
Services: staff deal
on in an hour! has reached the bronze age
on in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by domo247 View Post
Moved house, transferred and upgrade but very slow internet (still in the same village)

Have recently moved house was on the 2Mb but have now upgraded to 10Mb VIP.

But I am getting d/l speeds of around 3.9Mb!? sorry make that between 2 and 3.9 Mb

Any possible reasons or do I need to maybe remind Virgin they should have upgraded my broadband?

We are being billed since we have changed to VIP and have channels we never use to have.
Cheers
suggest you visit the traffic shaping threads domo,the answer to all your problems...or maybe not
on in an hour! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 22:09   #4
m044bz00
Inactive

Services: 20Mbps BB
m044bz00 will become famous soon enoughm044bz00 will become famous soon enoughm044bz00 will become famous soon enough

Hi Domo247

Maybe a visit here may be linked to your problems, maybe worth a post to see if others are still haveing the same problems

Regards
m044bz00 is offline   Reply With Quote