Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | UBR has gone Black??

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

UBR has gone Black??

Old 07-05-2007, 15:44   #1
Prowlz
Inactive

Prowlz is an unknown quantity at this point
UBR has gone Black??

Hey guys, been having Oversubscribed Upstream probs for around 3 months now. I went to cancel my ntl internet after almost 7 years and the customer services rep asked why .. i told them about the over subscription ( and me being an avid gamer ) they ordered a repull ... and then he came back on the phone and said "Ive spoke to tech support and apparantly the UBR im on has gone "BLack" .. now i know that dosnt sound too good .. but does anyone know what it means?

Btw .. im in Grimsby Dn37 area.
Prowlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-05-2007, 15:48   #2
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Re: UBR has gone Black??

Maybe it means your UBR is now back in the black for it's traffic load???
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 15:50   #3
Nedkelly
Inactive

Services: V6 & Tivo SH3 on 300mb and 200mb and a telephone
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Smile Re: UBR has gone Black??

Black ,Amber ,Red , are the 3 stages that the ubrs are put in on badger a internal system Black being ok red being bad
Nedkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 15:54   #4
Prowlz
Inactive

Hmm, well .. if Black is the less serious of them .. i would hate to see Red.

For 3 months now i have not been able to play online games after 3pm "peak times" my ping gos from 120ms ( world of warcraft european server ) to 1100ms.

A friend on Bt on same server has around 200ms constantly to the same server.

The worst thing is they are charging me full price for this

I am about to make the big cut "no internet" at all if this dosnt get resolved soon .... hope real life hasnt changed too much.
Old 07-05-2007, 15:55   #5
Bill C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedkelly View Post
Black ,Amber ,Red , are the 3 stages that the ubrs are put in on badger a internal system Black being ok red being bad
Pm on its way m8
Old 07-05-2007, 15:56   #6
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

You may find that once the traffic shaping kicks in that your ping improves during peak hours.
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 16:02   #7
Bill C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowlz View Post
Hmm, well .. if Black is the less serious of them .. i would hate to see Red.

For 3 months now i have not been able to play online games after 3pm "peak times" my ping gos from 120ms ( world of warcraft european server ) to 1100ms.

A friend on Bt on same server has around 200ms constantly to the same server.

The worst thing is they are charging me full price for this

I am about to make the big cut "no internet" at all if this dosnt get resolved soon .... hope real life hasnt changed too much.
Ned is thinking of the old colour system. Black is the new red. If its black then it will be on the list for upgrading.
Old 07-05-2007, 16:05   #8
Prowlz
Inactive

Is there any E.t.a on this traffic shaping? Going to hold out for a few days .. currently in contact with "one of the decent" customer service people, so if they reduce cost i may stay a customer, been with them since diamond cable first came with there 56k service ( which i gota say .. is slightly better than the 2meg service i have now )

---------- Post added at 15:05 ---------- Previous post was at 15:03 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C View Post
Ned is thinking of the old colour system. Black is the new red. If its black then it will be on the list for upgrading.
Thanks for the headsup, and glad to hear that Black is actualy very bad .. seems they have acknowledged the problem at least, now if you techies can just work your magic on my upstream i'd be one happy chappy.
Old 07-05-2007, 16:06   #9
Bill C

Quote:
Is there any E.t.a on this traffic shaping? Going to hold out for a few days .. currently in contact with "one of the decent" customer service people, so if they reduce cost i may stay a customer, been with them since diamond cable first came with there 56k service ( which i gota say .. is slightly better than the 2meg service i have now )

---------- Post added at 15:05 ---------- Previous post was at 15:03 ----------

Thanks for the headsup, and glad to hear that Black is actualy very bad .. seems they have acknowledged the problem at least, now if you techies can just work your magic on my upstream i'd be one happy chappy.
If its classed as black then it WILL be on the list for work.
Old 07-05-2007, 16:13   #10
Paul H
Permanently Banned

Paul H doesn't have many friendsPaul H doesn't have many friendsPaul H doesn't have many friends

Quote:
Be aware that there's others who's UBR's are down to be upgraded, and have been for months. as you say they have acknowledged the problem. doesn't mean they will fix it
Paul H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 16:13   #11
kibblerok
Inactive

Services: V+ HD, 20mb
kibblerok is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine was in Black for ages before any work was done on it though. On badger is should give a 'relief date' if work has been arranged, not sure how accurate it is though.
kibblerok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 16:23   #12
Prowlz
Inactive

Its amazing that VM/NTL let things get this bad in the first place, let alone keep it up for months while still raking the money in. Its about the 5th time its happened to me.

to make things worse when they tell you "keep paying full price" until we have sorted the problem, then we will look to compensating you .....
Old 07-05-2007, 16:27   #13
Paul H
Permanently Banned

Paul H doesn't have many friendsPaul H doesn't have many friendsPaul H doesn't have many friends

Quote:
Its amazing that VM/NTL let things get this bad in the first place, let alone keep it up for months while still raking the money in. Its about the 5th time its happened to me.

to make things worse when they tell you "keep paying full price" until we have sorted the problem, then we will look to compensating you .....
They have too many things on the go to be able to finish the other thing they were doing before they started the new thing that they were doing before the old thing
They are still working out what modems need changing for the 20Mb that has already started. they will let us know in about 7 days time
Paul H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 16:52   #14
Nedkelly
Inactive

Services: V6 & Tivo SH3 on 300mb and 200mb and a telephone
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Smile Re: UBR has gone Black??

Hands up i made a Mistake sorry Thanks Bill its Black ,Red ,Amber
Nedkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 21:30   #15
Sirpingalot
Inactive

Services: VM 20Mb BB
Sirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation era

Out of interest, is there any way to check what status the network is on - I'm connected to Baguley...or does it have to be the local network?
Sirpingalot is offline   Reply With Quote