Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin media and Freeview together?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin media and Freeview together?

Old 04-05-2007, 15:21   #1
andrew71
Inactive

andrew71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Virgin media and Freeview together?

I was wondering if anybody knows if you can connect a freeview box to a TV that also Virgin Media. Reason I ask is because if I want to record one channel and watch another the picture from the terrestial channel is not very good. I was hoping i could add a stand alone freeview box to the TV and then when I want to record something off TV I record it from Virgin media and watch the other channel via Freeview.

Hope this question is clear enough to understand
Thanks
andrew71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-05-2007, 15:27   #2
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Re: Virgin media and Freeview together?

How many scarts does your TV have? Are you recording to a DVD recorder or VCR? How many items in total are in your AV setup?
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 15:36   #3
andrew71
Inactive

andrew71 is an unknown quantity at this point

The TV as 2 scart connections and we record via a VCR.
The current set up is that the VM box is connected to the TV via one of the scart connections with the terrestial ariel connected to the VCR.
andrew71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 15:48   #4
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Substitute your VCR for the DVDR shown in this connection diagram & I think that should do it.

The freeview box would be the bottom one in the diagram. Just plug the aerial lead into that one instead of the top one. You shouldn't need all the other RF connections if you only want to record from the VM box...
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote