Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Orange PAYG gets better

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Telco Services Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Orange PAYG gets better

Old 26-04-2007, 12:57   #1
etccarmageddon
Inactive

etccarmageddon has a nice shiny star
etccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny star
Thumbs up Orange PAYG gets better

new speak easy plan replacing the old ones - 15p per min to call landlines or any mobile network.

plus the online only plan called 'free text trigger' gives you 300 texts if you topup by £10 a month or 600 for a £20 top up plus free evening wap on the £20 topup option. a great improvement on the previous crap plans.
etccarmageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-04-2007, 15:16   #2
SMHarman
Inactive

Services: Cablevision
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
Re: Orange PAYG gets better

Do you have to do anything to get the plan or is it an automatic switch?
SMHarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 17:17   #3
iSteve
Inactive

Services: Freeview + TUTV, BT Broadband 1MB
iSteve has much to be proud ofiSteve has much to be proud ofiSteve has much to be proud ofiSteve has much to be proud ofiSteve has much to be proud ofiSteve has much to be proud ofiSteve has much to be proud ofiSteve has much to be proud ofiSteve has much to be proud ofiSteve has much to be proud of

Thanks for pointing this out etc, I never noticed this! The new Speak Easy Plan is probably a better plan for most people, but always check the small print and check your usage.

I'm currently on Any Time Fixed Rates. On the new Speak Easy plan the ppm for Mobiles and Fixed Lines will be cheaper. But:

Voicemail now costs 15p per minute, up from 10p per minute
Every call is subject to a "15p minimum charge." On the old plans, it was pro-rated. A call that costs 25ppm that lasts 20 seconds will cost you about 8p.

So, if like me, most of your calls are short, under 30 seconds ("Can I have a taxi from .. to ..? Thanks, bye!"), and your longest calls are navigating and listening to your messages on voicemail, the new plan will cost you more.

I hope that doesn't seem like nitpicking, for most people the plan is probably ideal, but the smallprint can make all the difference to light users like me! Repped you anyway
iSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 17:41   #4
etccarmageddon
Inactive

etccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHarman View Post
Do you have to do anything to get the plan or is it an automatic switch?
you can switch via 450 to speak easy (as far as I know it isn't automatic)

but note that if you want the speak easy with free text trigger and the free evening internet then you have to switch by the web site (ie. online) or by getting a new sim or by ringing them and speaking to a human.

---------- Post added at 17:41 ---------- Previous post was at 17:39 ----------

nb. also the terms and conditions say you can keep the free evening calls promotion if it's on your account but when I emailed and asked them if this was the case they said you couldn't. typical orange - clueless.
Old 26-04-2007, 18:55   #5
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array

Don't forget the Magic Numbers -
Orange mobile numbers you can call for 1 hour for 15p, you get to add one every 6 months.

Personally I like my contract... (Orange) Last month I used 222 minutes of calls to cellphones, and 6569 minutes to landlines (no typo) and received a bill of 37.27 inc VAT...
Lord Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2007, 15:56   #6
etccarmageddon
Inactive

magic numbers has changed - now only 3 allowed plus also you cant have magic numbers promotion with the free text trigger.
Old 27-04-2007, 16:25   #7
SMHarman
Inactive

Services: Cablevision
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze

OK my head hurts now. I only use my Orange SIM when I am in the UK, so for like 2-4 weeks a year. I guess that makes me a light user.

Now my problem is how I get an Orange France PAYG SIM as well. I really don't want to pay $60 for something that only costs EUR15 on the Orange FR website.
SMHarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 17:28   #8
etccarmageddon
Inactive

Despite the Terms and Conditions stating that you can move to this tarrif if you have the old free evening calls promotion, customer services when I have called them and emailed them have told me that their paperwork/instructions tell them it isn't possible. Typical Orange.
Old 03-05-2007, 18:38   #9
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

What has this got to do with Virgin Media?

Moved to the correct forum....
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2007, 18:08   #10
etccarmageddon
Inactive

a 'christmas' promotion tag is showing on the Orange web site against this product and it says you will get unlimited texts (for a month) instead of 1000 when you top up by £30 in a month.

and if you dont use that £30 you can use it to buy 2 lots of 500 texts to use in the following month or months - so you can spread your £30 to provide texts after the your month of unlimited texts.
Old 26-10-2007, 17:53   #11
Windoze9t8
Inactive

Windoze9t8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Windoze9t8 Send a message via MSN to Windoze9t8 Send a message via Yahoo to Windoze9t8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Nikon View Post
Orange mobile numbers you can call for 1 hour for 15p, you get to add one every 6 months.

Personally I like my contract... (Orange) Last month I used 222 minutes of calls to cellphones, and 6569 minutes to landlines (no typo) and received a bill of 37.27 inc VAT...
Whats a CellPhone (lol)

I like my Orange contract too - my line 2 gives me up to 50 mins of evening land line calls for 30p a day
Windoze9t8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2007, 17:29   #12
saabmania2

Services: VIP Pack
saabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to saabmania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Nikon View Post

Which orange plan are you on then? i wouldn't go back to orange after my contract is up i'm on the dolphin35 and only use around 200 of my 500 mins and roughly 50 texts a month and i've never had a bill under £50+vat, and before anyone say's anything i don't phone premium numbers i only phone the wife on her o2 mobile and home landline. i was with 3mobile before and my bill at most was £30 as far as i'm concerned orange have lost me and i've found there customer service to be worse than vm.
saabmania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 15:58   #13
etccarmageddon
Inactive

the orange unlimited texts offer small print now says fair usage of 3000 per month anything above is considered abuse.