Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Last incoming call (1471) does not work properly

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Last incoming call (1471) does not work properly

Old 23-04-2007, 20:47   #1
rare uk
Inactive

rare uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Last incoming call (1471) does not work properly

Hi. I have searched the forum for this and could not find an existing thread on this so apologies if it does exist and my weak search skills have let me down

When someone calls me, when I do 1471 the last incoming call is not registered. Instead 1471 tells me about a call I received earlier on in the day or yesterday. Some phone numbers register straight away. What's all that about? Is this a feature

I've not done much investigation on this, but it is soooo annoying when I tell my wife not to answer the phone as we are eating and we can do 1471 after dinner, only to find the number hasn't registered.
rare uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-04-2007, 21:01   #2
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Re: Last incoming call (1471) does not work properly

Have you called VM? It may be that something needs resetting against your account or it could be a hardware issue in their network.
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2007, 22:49   #3
rare uk
Inactive

Cheers. I suppose I might as well call them. I just thought it was a limitation with cable or something - somehow I managed to talk myself into accepting it for a year
Old 23-04-2007, 23:25   #4
bw41101
cf.geek

Services: Broadband XL TV XL Phone - A device with buttons that makes a funny noise when it rings!
bw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appeal
bw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appeal

rare uk

When you say:

Quote:
1471 tells me about a call I received earlier on in the day or yesterday.
Do you mean something like "You were called today at *such a time* we do not have the callers number to return the call".

If this is what you mean, then the call was (most probably) from abroad, I.e. some poxy telesales person in the far east looking to (perhaps) sell you a gunge slurping machine.

It seems that the 1471 system is incapable of registering (landline) numbers outside of the UK - unless (of course) someone out there knows any different?

Si thee
bw41101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2007, 23:51   #5
Marge
Inactive

Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars

Do you have Voicemail on your line ??

If you do, then a daft feature is that if the caller gets to the bit where they hear the voicemail message, it then doesn't store their number as I presume the system thinks the caller will leave a message for you Frustrating I know
Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2007, 08:53   #6
JASONUKUK
Inactive

JASONUKUK is an unknown quantity at this point

i had problems got vm 18-4-2007 / i had a number left on my phone.
teck as called reset switch as stated, and every day and mixed times the number is there. never rings or leaves message.
in question is in coming number only 01925 499994 i rang 151 bt/vm no number on records. so a ghost number.
JASONUKUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2007, 13:09   #7
bw41101
cf.geek

Services: Broadband XL TV XL Phone - A device with buttons that makes a funny noise when it rings!
bw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appeal
bw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appeal

01925 - Warrington, ghost number - spooky!
bw41101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 10:04   #8
Rapid Dr3am
Inactive

Rapid Dr3am is on a distinguished roadRapid Dr3am is on a distinguished road

If you have VM and live in yorkshire if the VM picks up then 1471 isn't recorded.
Rapid Dr3am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:22   #9
Rhyming Obituary
Inactive

Services: 1 X PVR 1 X Samsung 2110c Cable Modem Telco Line
Rhyming Obituary is just really niceRhyming Obituary is just really niceRhyming Obituary is just really niceRhyming Obituary is just really niceRhyming Obituary is just really niceRhyming Obituary is just really nice

As per rapid dream, 1471 and voicemail aren't always compatible.

When someone calls your line after a delay or when it is busy, the switch diverts the call to the voicemail platform. As such, it's recorded as a diverted call and not a missed or completed call.

It's only in the last two instances where the number will be recorded in 1471.
Rhyming Obituary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:07   #10
rare uk
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marge View Post
Do you have Voicemail on your line ??

If you do, then a daft feature is that if the caller gets to the bit where they hear the voicemail message, it then doesn't store their number as I presume the system thinks the caller will leave a message for you Frustrating I know
Yup, you are thew WINNER!!

I phoned VM and they said the same, and the "feature" can't be turned off unless you upgrade to Call plus or something at £1.75/month

NO THANKS!
Old 02-05-2007, 12:50   #11
Rhyming Obituary
Inactive

Services: 1 X PVR 1 X Samsung 2110c Cable Modem Telco Line
Rhyming Obituary is just really niceRhyming Obituary is just really niceRhyming Obituary is just really niceRhyming Obituary is just really niceRhyming Obituary is just really niceRhyming Obituary is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rare uk View Post
Yup, you are thew WINNER!!

I phoned VM and they said the same, and the "feature" can't be turned off unless you upgrade to Call plus or something at £1.75/month

NO THANKS!
Upgrading to VMS+ will not rectify this problem - unfortunately there is no work around.

Both styles of Voicemail operate in the same way.
Rhyming Obituary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:18   #12
Rapid Dr3am
Inactive

Rapid Dr3am is on a distinguished roadRapid Dr3am is on a distinguished road

Nokia switch upgrade planned to fix this.
Rapid Dr3am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 22:53   #13
ntluser
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Telephone,TV with Tivo box & Superhub3 upto 150Mb Broadband, Sky World, & Freeview+
ntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of society
Smile Re: Last incoming call (1471) does not work properly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Dr3am View Post
Nokia switch upgrade planned to fix this.
Will the Nokia switch upgrade enable Caller ID too please?
ntluser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 23:35   #14
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

I find the caller witheld does not work on VirginMedia.
I tried putting 141 before calling a mobile number and as I type 141 the tone changes and it doesnt work.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:12   #15
clayts
Inactive

Services: Tivo; XL TV; L Broadband; M Phone
clayts has a spectacular aura about themclayts has a spectacular aura about themclayts has a spectacular aura about themclayts has a spectacular aura about them

Is it not 1470 on VM to withold the number ?

clayts is offline   Reply With Quote