Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | V+ not working (at all)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

V+ not working (at all)

Old 11-03-2007, 13:23   #1
lordsnooty
Inactive

lordsnooty is an unknown quantity at this point
V+ not working (at all)

Hi everyone.

I had two V+ boxes installed yesterday. One of them works perfectly, but the one in my room doesn't do much.

The problem is presumably my fault - shortly after the engineers left, I accidentally powered off the box (by unplugging the wrong extension lead, doh). Prior to that, the LCD on the box had displayed 'DIAG'. After that, whenever it went to boot, it would display a black screen, the Telewest logo, and 'Please wait, loading data'. It would display this for hours with no change.

So I found out how to get into the diagnostic menu, and got it back to the screen that it was on (2 of 12) prior to my having stuffed it up. Nothing happened, so I rang Vmedia and asked them to send the signal again, which they did - but nothing is changing.

I have an engineer booked (for next saturday! ) but I was really hoping there'd be something simple I could do to get it running...

Any ideas would be appreciated.
lordsnooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-03-2007, 13:26   #2
JohnHorb

Services: 10MB Broadband, DTV, Telephone
Re: V+ not working (at all)

Interesting. Several other posts report that VM are not (currently) allowing more than one V+ box per connection. Could be a cock-up that you have two?
Old 11-03-2007, 13:30   #3
lordsnooty
Inactive

Thanks - There are two seperate cables coming into the house, I'm sharing the one I use for my broadband, whilst a different cable was fed into the room downstairs. I'm not sure if that's what you meant?
Old 11-03-2007, 13:30   #4
Nikesh
Inactive

Nikesh has reached the bronze age
Nikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze age

Sounds like you've bricked the box...?

How did you get two V+HD boxes?! I'd be happy with just one...

One V+HD box is usually allowed per household unless you were an ex-telewest customer.
Nikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 13:32   #5
lordsnooty
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikesh View Post
Sounds like you've bricked the box...?

How did you get two V+HD boxes?! I'd be happy with just one...

One V+HD box is usually allowed per household unless you were an ex-telewest customer.
I need two - parents will use one, and I'll use the other.

And I am an ex-Telewest customer.
Old 11-03-2007, 13:35   #6
JohnHorb

Services: 10MB Broadband, DTV, Telephone

Still strange that others have posted that VM are only allowing one per household during the initial rollout, which is why I said there might be a cockup in selling you two.
Old 13-03-2007, 13:52   #7
lordsnooty
Inactive

Thanks to everyone that replied. An engineer came out yesterday and confirmed that the box had been wrongly installed, and it wasn't my fault at all.

Also, you can have two boxes. I am living proof.