Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Result! With the BB

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Result! With the BB

Old 02-03-2007, 14:03   #1
sav112
Inactive

Services: "Be" 8mb
sav112 is an unknown quantity at this point
Result! With the BB

Result!

Sky- Digital getting installed on Tuesday the 6th
Phone and TV form Virgin Cancelled without notice due to the number of years I’ve been a customer and to top it off £10 off My BB for 12 months.
I’ve just to chuck my Ntl Box out as it was the original box and disconnect it all myself.

So basically by Tuesday I’ll have my skyone back and still have my Virgin BB for only £25 a month adding both sky and virgin together which works out £7 better off a month.

I felt sorry for the poor guy on the phone, yesterday they had a hell of a day. But at least he sounded like he knew what he was doing.
sav112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2007, 14:11   #2
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age
Re: Result! With the BB

Thats a shame - you'll probably end up paying more, and there's a chance the channels might come back when Sky put a more realistic valuation on them.
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 14:16   #3
Carl J
Permanently Banned

Carl J is a glorious beacon of lightCarl J is a glorious beacon of lightCarl J is a glorious beacon of lightCarl J is a glorious beacon of lightCarl J is a glorious beacon of lightCarl J is a glorious beacon of lightCarl J is a glorious beacon of light

Ignoring the VM cheerleading / anti-Sky ranting I hope the Sky TV works well for you and the transition is smooth.
Carl J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 14:21   #4
sav112
Inactive

Services: "Be" 8mb
sav112 is an unknown quantity at this point

To be fair, and it could be the old black box, but I had the sound sometimes disappearing at the end of shows, god knows why.

Most people I know are on the sky-digital and the picture quality is better than on my cable one plus they have a lot more tv channels and radio and the reminder thing that tell you your about to miss a program you watch, I thought was rather good.

Still best of both worlds I think

Got the Sky-Digital (Skyone)
Got the Virgin BB ( which I know is a lot better than sky’s)
sav112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 14:29   #5
Carl J
Permanently Banned

Carl J is a glorious beacon of lightCarl J is a glorious beacon of lightCarl J is a glorious beacon of lightCarl J is a glorious beacon of lightCarl J is a glorious beacon of lightCarl J is a glorious beacon of lightCarl J is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav112 View Post
To be fair, and it could be the old black box, but I had the sound sometimes disappearing at the end of shows, god knows why.

Most people I know are on the sky-digital and the picture quality is better than on my cable one plus they have a lot more tv channels and radio and the reminder thing that tell you your about to miss a program you watch, I thought was rather good.

Still best of both worlds I think

Got the Sky-Digital (Skyone)
Got the Virgin BB ( which I know is a lot better than sky’s)
Exactly my man, you've a package which works for you.

I agree on the picture quality by the way, having had analogue and digital services from both suppliers. Though VM have always claimed they do nothing with the channels they are sent I have always thought they may do some processing to save bandwidth on the cable network, anyone care to confirm / deny?
Carl J is offline   Reply With Quote