Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The disgrace that is Rangers Football Club - Fans caught doing Nazi Salutes in Israel

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The disgrace that is Rangers Football Club - Fans caught doing Nazi Salutes in Israel

Old 20-02-2007, 17:48   #1
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Services: Initiations, rep rigging and orgies!
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
The disgrace that is Rangers Football Club - Fans caught doing Nazi Salutes in Israel

I see that the blight on Scottish football that is the Old Firm (although in this case Rangers) has been caught at it again.

I wonder just what SFA, UEFA or maybe FIFA will do this time, my uncorrupted money is on them completely ignoring it and doing absolutely nothing about it.

Bloody disgrace...

http://img400.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2qm0jmfoo8.jpg

Mod edit (Gavin): Large Imageshack picture moved to attachment to improve readability of thread

Please feel free to post this on every single football forum you know to force this sort of crap out of our game.
TheBlueRaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-02-2007, 18:01   #2
NoKnowledge
Inactive

NoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The disgrace that is Rangers Football Club - Fans caught doing Nazi Salutes in Is

Can you please spell it out for me or PM me if it's not allowed in this forum.

I don't exactly know what to look for or is it the salute thing they all seem to be doing.
NoKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 18:15   #3
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
Re: The disgrace that is Rangers Football Club - Fans caught doing Nazi Salutes in Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoKnowledge View Post

I don't exactly know what to look for or is it the salute thing they all seem to be doing.
Yes. The Nazis used to say 'Heil Hitler' with it. Not a very polite thing to do anywhere. Let alone in Israel.
Old 20-02-2007, 18:23   #4
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

I think it's a bit unfair calling Rangers football club a disgrace, nearly all clubs have idiot fans like that, i can only see about ten arms risen so it's only a small percentage of fans doing it, let's just hope it's only these fans doing it and that they get some sort of punishment, although that is unlikely.
Shadow Demon UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 19:01   #5
bopdude
Inactive

bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to bopdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK View Post
I think it's a bit unfair calling Rangers football club a disgrace, nearly all clubs have idiot fans like that, i can only see about ten arms risen so it's only a small percentage of fans doing it, let's just hope it's only these fans doing it and that they get some sort of punishment, although that is unlikely.
Spot on, I think it's a bit of an over statement to call the whole club a disgrace for the sake of a bunch of idiots, as usual, it's the minority that spoils it for the rest.
bopdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 19:23   #6
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star

Its consistently happening and yet the authorities do nothing about it, last year they were caught singing bigoted songs by UEFA (and on that occasion lightly slapped) yet it still goes on. Rangers frequently have flag parades at Ibrox, nothings done, they have "flute music" at the start of every game yet nothing is said.

Still, if you think its acceptable so be it.
Old 20-02-2007, 19:26   #7
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

The ones doing the right handed nazi salut should be banned for life from every football statium in the country.
Old 20-02-2007, 19:34   #8
bopdude
Inactive

bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to bopdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueRaja View Post
Its consistently happening and yet the authorities do nothing about it, last year they were caught singing bigoted songs by UEFA (and on that occasion lightly slapped) yet it still goes on. Rangers frequently have flag parades at Ibrox, nothings done, they have "flute music" at the start of every game yet nothing is said.

I didn't sat it was " acceptable " only that you have labeled the whole club.
bopdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 19:37   #9
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

IMO, I think the reality is somewhere in the middle between TBR and SDUK. Ultimately this is Rangers' responsibility as a club, but I don't think any other clubs can really claim the high ground with this.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 19:47   #10
pedantic
Inactive

Services: O2 standard
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
Send a message via Yahoo to pedantic

I'm a little confused here.

That game was played on Wednesday 14th Feb (last week) why has the pic only just started to show it's ugly head ?

Please tell me, this has nothing to do with results from 4 days later.

Or perhaps that's just the cynic in me.
pedantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 19:49   #11
Niles Crane
Inactive

Niles Crane has reached the bronze age
Niles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin View Post
IMO, I think the reality is somewhere in the middle between TBR and SDUK. Ultimately this is Rangers' responsibility as a club, but I don't think any other clubs can really claim the high ground with this.
Livorno probably could. Their ultras are basically communists and anarchists. Of course, not to say they don't involve themselves with other types of inappropriate behaviour.

Plus you never seem to get any racism problems with clubs like Spurs, Arsenal, Lyon etc. Not likely to either, considering the history of these clubs, their location, their fanbase, and their squads.
Niles Crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 20:47   #12
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Yes, that's what we all said.
Shadow Demon UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2007, 10:18   #13
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Nazi salute?

There is one guy (bottom left corner) who is displaying an Israeli flag, he must be highly confused then.

Anyway the fans official explanation is that it's related to the red hand of Ulster and the clubs links to N. Ireland.
Still no place for it in football IMO but lets not get all caught up in the 'Rangers fans are Nazi's' hysteria.

Rangers aren't perfect but like all big clubs they have some poor examples of humanity amongst the support. Celtic, Hearts, Hibs, Kilmarnock all have form for signing bigotted songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedantic
Please tell me, this has nothing to do with results from 4 days later.
As if that could be anything to do with it...
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2007, 10:59   #14
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek S View Post
Nazi salute?

There is one guy (bottom left corner) who is displaying an Israeli flag, he must be highly confused then.

Anyway the fans official explanation is that it's related to the red hand of Ulster and the clubs links to N. Ireland.
Still no place for it in football IMO but lets not get all caught up in the 'Rangers fans are Nazi's' hysteria.

Rangers aren't perfect but like all big clubs they have some poor examples of humanity amongst the support. Celtic, Hearts, Hibs, Kilmarnock all have form for signing bigotted songs.

As if that could be anything to do with it...
Utter tripe.

I has absolutely feck all to do with the Red Hand of Ulster and they (you? - Notes where your from) know it, http://www.loyalistfm.net/new/articles.php?p=1396, if it did im sure they would have considered he fact that they are playing in Israel and that it WOULD have different connotations to that which they say its intended.

Its a smokescreen for these feckwits to take the ****.

Ranger football club have done nothing about this over the years and ARE responsible for the actions of their fans - especially their travelling fans as any England fan should know.

You comment about Celtic holds true although i have to admit they are changing much faster then the Rangers camp. To a (much) lesser extent Hearts have been heard to sing these songs too but Killie? Dont know what your on about there.

The only song i've ever heard them sing is Hello, Hello, we are the killie boys, nothing bigoted about that.

Please dont degrade this by saying this has something to do with Rangers beating Falkirk, this is a serious problem in Scottish football that has to be dealt with.

I noted your Strathclyde Police banner, perhaps if they paid more attention to the songs sung by the home fans, the flag parades and the salutes that they do at Ibrox instead of the away fans who get flung out for nothing that this would still be a problem.
Old 21-02-2007, 11:06   #15
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:

How, exactly, is 'flute music' at the start of a Rangers game any more provocative than Scottish international sports events using a folk song about a (very old) military victory over England as a quasi-anthem?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote