Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Wireless connections.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Wireless connections.

Old 11-02-2007, 22:22   #1
djchapple
Inactive

Services: Now with Sky but wondering about VM
djchapple is an unknown quantity at this point
Wireless connections.

I am just about to joined Virgin Media (or whatever it is now called) and this is my first post. I have signed up for the £20 package of 2 MB Internet plus phone.

At present I have up to 8 Mb ADSL with a wireless router and two computers, the desktop wired and the laptop wireless.

I am not sure what type of cable modem I will receive and how I can share the connection with my two computers in the same manner as above.

Can anyone point me to the page where this information is displayed? I have looked but cannot find the information specific to my package.

Am I correct in assuming that I will get the "free" channels normally associated with the telephone line?

When installed will they put in a telephone point (say in the hall), a TV point (say in the living room) and an Internet point (say in the den)?

Many thanks for the help.

If this information is readily available on this forum I apologise for not having found it.
djchapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-02-2007, 22:27   #2
Nikesh
Inactive

Nikesh has reached the bronze age
Nikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze age
Re: Wireless connections.

What model router do you have at the minute?
Nikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 22:45   #3
janipewter
Inactive

Services: Sky HD Multiroom, VM XL Phone, VM XXL BB
janipewter is just really nicejanipewter is just really nicejanipewter is just really nicejanipewter is just really nicejanipewter is just really nicejanipewter is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to janipewter

If you're going from ADSL to Cable then you'll need to get a new router. A very popular router with members of this forum is the Linksys WRT54G.
janipewter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 22:46   #4
Nikesh
Inactive

Nikesh has reached the bronze age
Nikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipewter View Post
A very popular router with members of this forum is the Linksys WRT54G.
I have this router and I definitely recommend it.
Nikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 22:52   #5
dcclanuk
Inactive

dcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikesh View Post
I have this router and I definitely recommend it.
I just got this router today lol... its perfect so far!

easy to set up too!

but mine is the GS-UK model
dcclanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 23:09   #6
djchapple
Inactive

Unfortunately I have an DLink DSL-G604T adsl/modem router which, I believe, cannot be used simply as a router.

I will have to by a wireless router, one good choice is as suggested above.
Old 02-03-2007, 22:13   #7
djchapple
Inactive

I now have the WRT64GL router.

Thanks