Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | broadband v+

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

broadband v+

Old 11-02-2007, 10:59   #1
stawesthebest96
Inactive

stawesthebest96 is an unknown quantity at this point
broadband v+

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi I know broadband can not be received for v+ box. i currently have broadband and a samsung box which can receive broadband. but I'm crap with computers and can not instill broadband again when i get v+ so can i ask the engineer to install broadband for me? at the same time as v+
Thank you
stawesthebest96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-02-2007, 12:00   #2
honny
Inactive

honny is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: broadband v+

the engineer will not install bb usually unless u have a quiet word with him on the side
otherwise to get someone out to install bb it would cost you £25.00. (ring the tec support line they are pretty good and will usually help you install it over the phone anyway)
honny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2007, 16:23   #3
ewan.paton
Inactive

ewan.paton is an unknown quantity at this point

if you are really bad with computers i would sudgest you ring tech support and tell them to register your mac address to your account, they will do it over the phone and all you need to do is plug a network cable into you pc and modem, bingo that simple
ewan.paton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2007, 16:30   #4
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

If your PC has ethernet then its really just a case of plugging the modem in to the PC. You don't need to set it up again really.
Old 19-02-2007, 13:28   #5
castlekeep
Inactive

castlekeep is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewan.paton View Post
if you are really bad with computers i would sudgest you ring tech support and tell them to register your mac address to your account, they will do it over the phone and all you need to do is plug a network cable into you pc and modem, bingo that simple
Hi Ewan,

My Setup is the same, A Samsung STB for TV and Broadband.
I'm just about to change over to the VIP package and therefore will use a SACM for the broadband.
I was under the impression that I will need to go through the autoreg page to register the Modem ?
So, if I phoned up CS with the SACM MAC address they would set this up so I would not have to go through the autoreg route ?

Thanks for any guidence.
castlekeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2007, 19:48   #6
savvychels
cf.geek

Services: VIP120 w/ TiVo x2
savvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpack

I just swapped from STB broadband to SACM broadband. Used the install disc they supplied and was off and running. Not much to it aside from plugging the comptuer into the modem (with the same cable that had been in the STB) and then running the install programme. Then I phoned tech support to ensure that they migrated my existing NTL email accounts over to the new service.
savvychels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2007, 23:29   #7
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by savvychels View Post
I just swapped from STB broadband to SACM broadband. Used the install disc they supplied and was off and running. Not much to it aside from plugging the comptuer into the modem (with the same cable that had been in the STB) and then running the install programme. Then I phoned tech support to ensure that they migrated my existing NTL email accounts over to the new service.
Your service isn't any different it was just the delivery method that has changed. All your email accounts stay the same and if it was the same cable you had in the STB you didn't need to run the install CD.