Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky 60cm Dish

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Digital TV Services Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Sky 60cm Dish

Old 10-01-2007, 13:21   #1
d0pey
Inactive

d0pey is an unknown quantity at this point
Sky 60cm Dish

I have currently got a 43cm Sky dish on the back of the house. Sky have decided that they need to come back out on Monday with it booked as a special heights job and move my dish onto the chimney at no cost to myself. They are talking about putting a 60cm dish up there with a octo-LNB. Does the octo-lower the signal a lot compared to a quad lnb like with CATV? Will a 60cm dish give much extra signal compared with 43cm?
d0pey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-01-2007, 15:20   #2
Creative

Re: Sky 60cm Dish

The 60cm dish will definitely improve the recieved signal strength. The LNB contains amplifiers which should mean that the fact its supplying eight feeds makes no difference.
As you move north up the UK you require a larger and larger dish as the signal strength diminishes.

---------- Post added at 15:20 ---------- Previous post was at 15:19 ----------
Old 10-01-2007, 15:42   #3
d0pey
Inactive

d0pey is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Sky 60cm Dish

I live in Liverpool so its not that high up the UK but I suppose I could live in an area with slightly poor reception.
d0pey is offline   Reply With Quote